LG Cstomer Service and Broken TV

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 11, 2019
Hello. I have been dealing with LG Customer Service for 40 days now with no resolution.

In short, I purchased a OLED TV on October 14, on December 2nd it broke - a pinstripe line is now running through the screen. The tv does not operate at its full potential. Customer service said they would repair the tv, not my choice considering it was less than 2 months old, but I proceeded. After two weeks, I was told the part was back ordered and to contact LG about a replacement.

LG agreed to the replacement and I was told someone would contact me in5 days. No calls. When I called I was told they need proof of purchase. I provided it and followed up the next day. I was told they would contact me in 5 days. No call.

When I called they seemed to have no record or idea of what I was talking about. I asked to speak with a supervisor -,all are in a meeting. I asked for a supervisor to call me back - no call. When I contacted them again, I was told they could start a refund process. When I called back I was told the part was back in stock, so the repair was my only option. When I escalated this to a higher the supervisor would only say repair is the only option. But, they still don’t know when the part will be here. Today I waited 48 minutes on hold to find out about a shipping for the part. They estimate it to arrive near 1/17 - another 8 day, plus time to schedule the repair.

They have not once shown empathy or sympathy, nor have they thanked me for my patience. I’m at the point where I want a refund or a new tv. I do not want a repair and I do not want to deal with customer service. Yet they keep dragging things out and not providing solutions.

What are my options? Can anyone help?

Thank you very much.

Scott —

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
We have company contacts for LG located here. Please read this thread on how to handle it here. When you email don't attach anything to your email as that may cause it to get bounced back. Don't email everyone all at once as if you do that, they may think someone else is handling the problem or if you don't get what you want, you have nowhere else to go. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

Jan 11, 2019
Thank you for your advice. I will try these email addresses. Do you have any idea at what frequency these type of complaints actually get seen or acted on by an executive?

Thanks again.
Scott —

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
Our forum has many success stories. Sometimes we have people make an unreasonable request and those don't generally end up as success stories. This is a corporation we are talking about and you may not get much sympathy, empathy, or consideration for your patience. That's somewhat how the world has become unfortunately. Write to them and make sure to read the thread on how to handle it that I posted above.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
What an awfully frustrating situation, Scott. I would have started with the store from which I ourchased the TV. Theoretically anyway, they should have some interest in helping a customer. Did you start there? I buy things from a local store in the hopes that if there are problems, they will help me. I can't imagine how annoying it's been for you dealing directly with LG.

Jan 11, 2019
What an awfully frustrating situation, Scott. I would have started with the store from which I ourchased the TV. Theoretically anyway, they should have some interest in helping a customer. Did you start there? I buy things from a local store in the hopes that if there are problems, they will help me. I can't imagine how annoying it's been for you dealing directly with LG.
Actually, 3 months to the day I purchased the tv and nearly w months after starting to process with LG I returned to Best Buy and they agreed to take it as a return. I promptly accepted and upgraded to a Sony. No more LG for me.