Lenovo customer Service (Terrible)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 15, 2015
You can escalate this using the contacts provided in this link: Lenovo
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level
politely state only what they "need to know" in order to understand your experience and your request quickly (3-5 minutes)
offer to provide documentation at a later time as some technology systems will quarantine emails that contain attachments
Thank you for this suggestion. Makes sense to me.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I sympathize with the Original Poster, not only because Lenovo screwed up and he ended up paying full price for a service that was subpar, but also because of the duplicate files. Not everyone is as computer savvy as many of the posters here; indeed, that is precisely why the OP hired someone to do the job for him. Yes, storage is cheap, but I still wouldn't want to deal with a computer where all my files were duplicated, depending on how it was done. Imagine keeping track of that! (Now imagine it again, from the perspective of someone who is not computer-savvy.) Imagine twice the files to wade through. Imagine the confusion if you update a file and another lurks elsewhere with the same name. You'd have to rename a file everytime you use it to make it distinct from the other one. Not to mention that if OP then buys a new computer in the future, it will not be so easy to get that transferred without picking up those duplicate files all over again. I agree with smd, a do-over should be fairly trivial if the old computer still exists. And a do-over and a refund is what JJJJohnson deserves.
This was exactly my first thought. "Imagine twice the files to wade through. Imagine the confusion if you update a file and another lurks elsewhere with the same name. You'd have to rename a file everytime you use it to make it distinct from the other one."

As long as you follow this idea from the beginning, you'll be fine:
When you bring up a file to work on, save it with an A as the first letter of the file name. Create a directory (right click on your desk top, new, folder)* and save (save as) all files you've worked on to that directory. Even if you forget or mush it up, the worked-on file will start with A, no matter which directory it's in.

It seems like yesterday when I was as terrified as you are to do anything with a computer. The words "single executable" would have given me hives. I remember giving a laptop to a friend ... I was talking to her a few months later about how to do something and told her to double-click on whatever. "Double click? What's that?" she responded, I nearly fainted. She had just turned the machine off whenever she was finished ... for months. And it didn't hurt the computer a bit.

You might want to look for a "dummies" book on how to use your computer. I've found them immensely helpful for many subjects over the years. Good luck!

* If you get tired of looking at "new folder" on your icon, right click on the icon, chose rename.

Sep 15, 2015
This was exactly my first thought. "Imagine twice the files to wade through. Imagine the confusion if you update a file and another lurks elsewhere with the same name. You'd have to rename a file everytime you use it to make it distinct from the other one."

As long as you follow this idea from the beginning, you'll be fine:
When you bring up a file to work on, save it with an A as the first letter of the file name. Create a directory (right click on your desk top, new, folder)* and save (save as) all files you've worked on to that directory. Even if you forget or mush it up, the worked-on file will start with A, no matter which directory it's in.

It seems like yesterday when I was as terrified as you are to do anything with a computer. The words "single executable" would have given me hives. I remember giving a laptop to a friend ... I was talking to her a few months later about how to do something and told her to double-click on whatever. "Double click? What's that?" she responded, I nearly fainted. She had just turned the machine off whenever she was finished ... for months. And it didn't hurt the computer a bit.

You might want to look for a "dummies" book on how to use your computer. I've found them immensely helpful for many subjects over the years. Good luck!

* If you get tired of looking at "new folder" on your icon, right click on the icon, chose rename.
I may have omitted this in my story. I literally took the time to delete one by one every duplicate document in the document folder. I again thank you for your understanding as to how I felt when all this happened. Anybody can criticize, few take the time to read and give constructive advise. Again, Thanks.

Sep 15, 2015
We have given you the contacts for Lenovo. Our process of writing one by one to the executives usually gets a person who can help to review your case. Please use our method of escalating this:

I’m not sure they would refund but someone needs to fix the duplicate files. CanuckMom is correct- not everyone is computer savvy. The OP paid for a service that should have been delivered properly. Either they fix the duplicate files or then they should refund so the OP can pay someone to fix it properly.
I am submitting "KUDO'S" to "Elliot Advocacy Help Forums" for your assistance and guidance and exposure to my "Lenovo" problem. Your suggestion to contact executive personnel with hopes of resolutions to the problem has paid off. A full refund has been promised. My personal appreciation goes out to 'CanuckMom8518 who saw the situation for what it really was. Again, a huge thank you to everyone.