Legacy Golf Resort Phoenix stay away!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 9, 2019
Aug 28, 2019, 3:55 AM (8 days ago)

to nina.middleton

So much to say about the hurt , anger and sadness these most egregious actions gave to me it bothers me most knowing how much it affected Mom.

Facts: 2 never knocking or ringing doorbell walk in's with Do not Disturb on door by an African American man while I was out of town both times and the second time my Mother was in the shower!!!! All they told her was they thought the condo was empty but nothing else! Again she is at 84lbs. Stage 4 , terminal abdominal and colon cancer in month 18 after only given 12 months to live. Also , the 2nd time it sent her to Chandler Regional with an uncontrollable heart rate / pulse.
Housekeeping knocking at 10:15-10:20
3 times!
Sunday Mom opened door to 2 police officers and an OVER ZEALOUS security guy wanting to kick her and I out! Literally smiling and saying the big boss wants you guys out (meaning Michele Caminidi) no doubt bc of my very direct and honest complaint to you. Police and security said Monday by 11 and at 9 Mom opened the door to Caminidi and security letting her know she had 2 go!!!
Same day many security visits and calls as I with ALS did what I could to get all items out by 11. Had my driver pick Mom up and take her to La Quinta. I got everything out , called Wyndham Diamond and after they called LGR then said they could not help me and are only given 10 minutes to help and have to go!?? Called my attorney Bob Rucci and he said get out of there and stop communicating at that level. Caminidi and subordinates defamed my character by saying I am not on Angels contract with LGR and did not believe I was even a Diamond member?? I never said I worked for the Angels or on a contract. I am close to many in the organization and do work for them from all levels. Rates for ANYONE were or are the same if not cheaper than the Angels $99 rate.
Ok , sorry but much more including condo issues and details that any executives and/or owners would be appalled at but I have to share this: Physically I needed help getting everything out but even a luggage cart was not allowed for me to use so I called a MY courier friend to get Mom's belongings including her medicine. I paid him $100 but LGR MGMT refused to let him retrieve anything until I "squared up"!!! Mom's Eliquis , nebulizer and much more are MUST HAVE'S!! THEN after 5 on Sunday was told all belongings could be retrieved but only from 8-5 so I had to take Mom to urgent care for a breathing treatment!! Mom cried most of Sunday night bc of their treatment towards both of us. I paid another $100 to get all belongings Monday.

I thank you and Mom thanks you ,

John Truitt

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Aug 28, 2019, 3:55 AM (8 days ago)

to nina.middleton

So much to say about the hurt , anger and sadness these most egregious actions gave to me it bothers me most knowing how much it affected Mom.

Facts: 2 never knocking or ringing doorbell walk in's with Do not Disturb on door by an African American man while I was out of town both times and the second time my Mother was in the shower!!!! All they told her was they thought the condo was empty but nothing else! Again she is at 84lbs. Stage 4 , terminal abdominal and colon cancer in month 18 after only given 12 months to live. Also , the 2nd time it sent her to Chandler Regional with an uncontrollable heart rate / pulse.
Housekeeping knocking at 10:15-10:20
3 times!
Sunday Mom opened door to 2 police officers and an OVER ZEALOUS security guy wanting to kick her and I out! Literally smiling and saying the big boss wants you guys out (meaning Michele Caminidi) no doubt bc of my very direct and honest complaint to you. Police and security said Monday by 11 and at 9 Mom opened the door to Caminidi and security letting her know she had 2 go!!!
Same day many security visits and calls as I with ALS did what I could to get all items out by 11. Had my driver pick Mom up and take her to La Quinta. I got everything out , called Wyndham Diamond and after they called LGR then said they could not help me and are only given 10 minutes to help and have to go!?? Called my attorney Bob Rucci and he said get out of there and stop communicating at that level. Caminidi and subordinates defamed my character by saying I am not on Angels contract with LGR and did not believe I was even a Diamond member?? I never said I worked for the Angels or on a contract. I am close to many in the organization and do work for them from all levels. Rates for ANYONE were or are the same if not cheaper than the Angels $99 rate.
Ok , sorry but much more including condo issues and details that any executives and/or owners would be appalled at but I have to share this: Physically I needed help getting everything out but even a luggage cart was not allowed for me to use so I called a MY courier friend to get Mom's belongings including her medicine. I paid him $100 but LGR MGMT refused to let him retrieve anything until I "squared up"!!! Mom's Eliquis , nebulizer and much more are MUST HAVE'S!! THEN after 5 on Sunday was told all belongings could be retrieved but only from 8-5 so I had to take Mom to urgent care for a breathing treatment!! Mom cried most of Sunday night bc of their treatment towards both of us. I paid another $100 to get all belongings Monday.

I thank you and Mom thanks you ,

John Truitt
Are you trying to reach someone about this? What organization is involved? What is LGR? Your post is not comprehensible.

Please repost in a bulleted list with specifics and times/dates about what happened.

Jan 6, 2015
Initial thoughts
First let me say that I am genuinely saddened by your illnesses and the treatment you received. Next I want to recap the essence of your experience.

Specifics (yours)
  • My mother has stage 4 , terminal abdominal and colon cancer. She is in month 18 after only given 12 months to live. I also have ALS.
  • I was out of town twice when an African American man walked in on my mother. The second time she was in the shower, which sent her to Chandler Regional with an uncontrollable heart rate / pulse.
  • All they told her was they thought the condo was empty.
  • Housekeeping knocked at 10:15-10:20 (was this AM or PM?) 3 times
  • This (past?) Sunday, my mother opened door to 2 police officers and a security person wanting to remove her and me. They specify Monday by 11:00, but at 9:00 mom opened the door to be told that she had to go.
  • I had my driver pick Mom up and take her to La Quinta. I called Wyndham Diamond, who called the Legacy Golf Resort (LGR) and were told that they could not help me and that I have just 10 minutes to leave.
  • Physically I needed help but was not even allowed to use a luggage cart, so I called a friend to get Mom's belongings including her medicines.
  • I paid him $100 but LGR management refused to let him retrieve anything until I "squared up". Mom's eliquis , nebulizer and more are MUST HAVE'S!
  • The following Sunday I was told all our belongings could be retrieved but only from 8-5. I paid another $100 to get all my belongings on Monday.
I hope I got all that right!

Beyond this, it is unclear how we can help you in this matter . . .

Jul 13, 2016
We need clarification.
Who booked the condo, when was it booked, and how was it booked (online, phone?)
What were the dates of the stay?
Who or what are "Angels" and what does that have to do with rates, or payment?

From your posts, it looks like the LGR determined you were staying on a rate you were ineligible to use, hence the security guards and your removal from the unit. What was the rate and were you expressly eligible to book with that rate?

Many hotels and condos do not allow guests to use luggage carts, due to liability issues, so you should remove that from your complaint.

Feb 3, 2019
It does seem we're getting just the tail end of some type of dispute between Mr. Truitt and the management of the Legacy Golf Resort regarding his (and his mother's) occupancy of a hotel-type condo unit.

I'm thinking it will take significantly more factual information from Mr. Truitt, organized in a comprehensible presentation, for anyone here to understand the issues and his desired resolution.

Jun 27, 2017
The Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix was once owned by Shell Vacations Club. Wyndham Vacation Ownership acquired privately held Shell Vacations LLC (Shell) and its subsidiaries in late 2012. Diamond Resorts International (if that is the company Mr. Truitt intended to reference in his post) is an entirely different timeshare company.

Feb 3, 2019
Diamond Resorts International (if that is the company Mr. Truitt intended to reference in his post) is an entirely different timeshare company.
It seems likely "Wyndham Diamond" was referring to his loyalty program level - Diamond is the highest listed on the Wyndham Rewards website.