Left Stranded by Bus Service

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 23, 2019
I believe the driver is just responsible for opening the luggage bin, but each passenger will have to physically drag their luggage from the bin. I did not see any ticketing system nor does the driver help with leaving the luggage at the curb.

I did not contact the last stop, but when I went to the Los Angeles Hub, there was no front desk or building. It was just a parking area for buses, so I had to ask another driver for help.

I did contact FlixBus company contacts, however I did not follow the one week rule. I sent one on Tuesday, got a generic response. So I moved up the chain and sent one this morning. If I need to escalate things, I will wait a week.

As for the map, the whole trip we were driving south and I only made it to the first parking area (parking stop #2), which was just a rest break. The last three parking stops (parking stop 3, 4, 5) I was not physically on the bus.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
The passenger made the mistake by being late (even if they thought they weren't). However it is reasonable to expect baggage to be where it was left and to be taken care of by the bus company when the owner of the baggage misses the bus. The bus company needs to be held accountable in my opinion.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The passenger made the mistake by being late (even if they thought they weren't). However it is reasonable to expect baggage to be where it was left and to be taken care of by the bus company when the owner of the baggage misses the bus. The bus company needs to be held accountable in my opinion.
Since it appears that luggage had no baggage tags, it was likely processed as "abandoned luggage". The airlines have a process for this but the luggage will almost always have an airline baggage tag ID on it.
The bus company probably has at most a rudimentary process for abandoned luggage and in this case, may have sold or discarded the luggage. Where ever it ended up, it is untraceable. Since the OP missed the bus, and was not getting off at the final destination, their luggage went to the final destination where it was found in the hold and classified as "abandoned". The bus company will try very hard to resist any claims since it will take the position that the luggage was abandoned. I see a very uphill battle for the OP.

Jan 23, 2019
It seems unreasonable that driver would not report any found baggage. All they have to do is affix a sticker of the found baggage with the route number. But I understand the company will try their best to fight it, as will I.