La Quinta actually listened!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 30, 2015
North Laurasia
I've been a LaQuinta customer for several years. They began sending me member cards with my name and member number. The problem, though, was that the background of the card is deep purple and the font is black.
This makes it unreadable. Even the staff behind the counter can't read the letters, so they use my phone number to call up my member information.
Using the contacts list on this forum, I sent an email complaining that the information on the card is impossible to read. The color combination is completely unsuitable.

THEY LISTENED!!! I received an email from one of their "vice presidents of" thanking me for my feedback and they are already in the process of changing the color of the card!
I know this is a small thing, but it makes me happy that I was able to get them to see the problem, without any more than the name and email of the person to write to.
Thanks, Chris and everyone one Elliott.com!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I've been a LaQuinta customer for several years. They began sending me member cards with my name and member number. The problem, though, was that the background of the card is deep purple and the font is black.
This makes it unreadable. Even the staff behind the counter can't read the letters, so they use my phone number to call up my member information.
Using the contacts list on this forum, I sent an email complaining that the information on the card is impossible to read. The color combination is completely unsuitable.

THEY LISTENED!!! I received an email from one of their "vice presidents of" thanking me for my feedback and they are already in the process of changing the color of the card!
I know this is a small thing, but it makes me happy that I was able to get them to see the problem, without any more than the name and email of the person to write to.
Thanks, Chris and everyone one Elliott.com!
How cool is this? Well done! Dark fonts on dark backgrounds is definitely irritating. I yell about it every time I encounter it ... but so far don't know that anyone has listened! Good job, LaQuinta!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
How cool is this? Well done! Dark fonts on dark backgrounds is definitely irritating ... not to mention yellow type on a white background. Or medium grey on pale grey background ... a favorite of the internet designers. I yell about it every time I encounter it ... but so far don't know that anyone has listened! Good job, LaQuinta!

Sep 19, 2015
Ugh dark text on a dark background may sound interesting in a graphic design way but practically it can be difficult. It is great that you had a nice response and a change is in process