Kohl's refund problem

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 27, 2018
I purchased some tops, online, from Kohl's. Purchase was 10/20/18. It was 1 order that arrived in 2 separate shipping bags; each with an invoice receipt for the items in the bag. I tried to return some items to local the store. Several items from 1 bag were successfully returned. Clerk gave me the credit receipt. I gave the clerk the other bag with items for return, but their system would not recognize the items so I was not allowed to return. These items were listed on the invoice and all tags were attached. I was offered a store credit; I refused. I rarely shop at Kohl's. They told me to call kohls.com; I told them to call kohls.com so they could find out how to process the return. They called kohls.com and of course no one answered. I was in the store for over an hour. They started waiting on other customers and ignored me; I left without receiving my refund. I have tried to reach out via twitter and FB and they do not respond. How do I rectify this?

Nov 27, 2018
Unfortunately when I was in the store they took the shipping bags; I still have my invoice receipts. The other issue is I will have to pay for the return and possibly the initial shipping costs because the purchase will then fall below the free shipping level. I don't want to be charged for a return because they advertise all over their website about free, easy returns to any of their stores.

Mar 23, 2015
Unfortunately when I was in the store they took the shipping bags; I still have my invoice receipts. The other issue is I will have to pay for the return and possibly the initial shipping costs because the purchase will then fall below the free shipping level. I don't want to be charged for a return because they advertise all over their website about free, easy returns to any of their stores.
Did you pay for them using your Koh's charge? If so, they should easily be able to find the items. Are they relatively recent? The only issues I had when working CS in returns for Kohl's years ago, was if a customer brought back items that were so old they'd been purged from the system. Also, I do know Kohl's does have some "online only" items and you may have inadvertently purchased some of those. In that case you do have to return them thru the mail ... :(