Kohls lost my refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 16, 2019
Thank you for clarifying why a gift card was mailed. That is a big indicator on why Kohl’s mailed the card in the first place.
What do you mean a big indicator on why it was mailed in the first place?This was the first time I’ve ever returned anything without a receipt before at Kohls.

Feb 16, 2019
Thank you for clarifying why a gift card was mailed. That is a big indicator on why Kohl’s mailed the card in the first place.
I’ve never returned anything without a receipt before at Kohl’s this was my first experience with this kind of situation and yes the card was mailed I never received it and that’s why the police report was filed because someone did receive it,it just wasn’t me.

Feb 16, 2019
I was a supervisor at a Kohl’s customer service return department for a couple of years while going to college. If they sent you a corporate return that means that you are a frequent flyer in the returns department—returning items without receipts. So, unfortunately you kind of already started out with a strike against you in their minds. Not trying to be rude but it’s just their mindset. So they sent a gift card to you and in their minds, they fulfilled their end and as far as they know it made it to you and whether it’s somebody in your household or somebody stole that from your mailbox or whatever somebody used that gift card. Kohl’s has no way of knowing whether it was you or someone else. That is why they requested a police report. I realize that you’re upset because in your mind you didn’t get the benefit of that refund but in their minds somebody did. I hope you understand where they’re coming from. If you genuinely did not get that refund then continue working with them and providing the information they ask for and working with the system .
Why would they have me file a police report and still do nothing about the situation?They asked me to file and I did.Im not a “frequent non receipt returner”this was the first time I’ve returned without my receipt.So everyone’s judging me before they even listen to what I’ve got to say,I see I’ve been working with the system and it’s gotten me nowhere i give up

Mar 23, 2015
I’ve never returned without a receipt at kohls ever in my life.This was my very first experience with returning without a receipt.I do understand where they are coming from now,they are frowning upon me because they are thinking that I’m just returning without a receipt to recieve the gift card.Well that explains a lot they think I’m doing something illegal that’s why they’re been so rude to me.Can’t they check the computers to verify that I’ve never returned anything before?
They can. But it isn't just about the NUMBER of returns; it's about the dollar amount. Your return was over $300, which is also the threshold. The "corporate return" is about de-incentivizing people to return for cash without receipts because there's no instant "cash gratification". Also, of course driver's license numbers go in a database and eventually at some point they refuse to take returns at all without receipts. But, a $300 return without a receipt is a pretty big red amount so that's a red flag for them. They are out that amount in gift cards/merchandise now because SOMEONE used those cards and got that merchandise. Maybe not you, but SOMEONE did. *Shrug*.

Feb 16, 2019
Unless Kohl's sent the card to the wrong address, I don't see how they can help . . .
How can they not hel
Did you do what I advised and complete another help request and state you weren’t helped? If the writers think they can help they will ask for your correspondence and see what they can do.
no...I thought it was a lost causebut I will do what you recommend first thing in the morning.I just go back to Kohls and start from square one?The
They can. But it isn't just about the NUMBER of returns; it's about the dollar amount. Your return was over $300, which is also the threshold. The "corporate return" is about de-incentivizing people to return for cash without receipts because there's no instant "cash gratification". Also, of course driver's license numbers go in a database and eventually at some point they refuse to take returns at all without receipts. But, a $300 return without a receipt is a pretty big red amount so that's a red flag for them. They are out that amount in gift cards/merchandise now because SOMEONE used those cards and got that merchandise. Maybe not you, but SOMEONE did. *Shrug*.
i
i totally understand where Kohls is coming from.

Feb 16, 2019
Hoo
I continue to think that you have missed an important step. Ask Kohl's to compare the address to which they sent the card to the address they have on file for you. If they differ, Kohl's should be willing to send another immediately . . .
good thinking I wil
I agree SOMEONE did use the gift card,but unfortunately that SOMEONE wasn’t me!!I wonder if they can check there security footage for the day and time the refund was used?The item I returned was a suit(pants/jacket)I was hoping to just exchange it that night but they didn’t have the right size so I wasn’t even expecting and kind of refund it just so happened they didn’t have the right size so the corporate refund refund was issuedto me.I had zero expectations for any kind of instant cash and had no problems with waiting a few weeks for my money to be returned to me.