Kohls lost my refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 16, 2019
On November 30 2018 I returned a suit at Kohls I was issued a corporate refund and they said it would take 7 to 10 days to arrive at my house what never showed up so I called the corporate refund office corporate refund office and talk to Jim Jim was very rude he accused me of lying and he accuse me of taking the gift card and trying to get another one he said the gift card was used to buy $200 worth of baby clothes at the Santa Maria Kohls and he offered to send me the remaining balance I said I hope I don’t except that I’d like to talk to your boss he told me that I couldn’t speak with her that she’ll tell me the same thing that the refund was sent and it was issued and somebody received it he never verified anything he didn’t call the post office he didn’t verify my address he was rude and he refused to let me speak with a supervisor all I want is my 302.36 I escalated my problem to the head customer service exuctiveAnd she sounded like she was going to help me but hurt you said that she talk to corporate refund office and they advised me to file a police report now why wouldn’t they advised me that when I first called two months prior I have no problem doing this but they were just so rude they didn’t help they didn’t solve anything they just made it worse and I need advice on how to fix this I escalated my problem to the CEO of calls and I’m waiting for them to get back to me as we speak here are some emails that they sent me back-and-forth you guys be the judge and give me some advice

Feb 16, 2019
Yes thank you for quickly responding to my thread I started with the manager at Kohls then I contacted the corporate refund office.When they treated me like I haven’t been a loyal customer for 6 years and accused me of receiving and spending my own refund I left a message with the supervisor of that office by the way I called and left that message on December8,2018 and I dint recieve a call back until February 4,2019.So I looked up the kohls customer service support directly at the main headquarters and got in touch with Nicole who is in charge of customer complaints she acted like she was going to help me but we got nowhere from Nicole I went and emailed another Vice President of ..and I’m now waiting for them to look into it I have the paper trail I’ve documented everything so we will see I don’t understand how people that work in customer service jobs how they can be so rude and so non understanding I’m not giving up until they give me a resolution they keep putting me off to another person are the person I spoke with Pryor and they have the authority to help

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
It would help your case if you used some punctuation in your narrative. Most people won't read beyond the first couple of lines if everything is all run together. Busy people just set these kinds of emails aside "for later". Why not make a list of the facts?

Feb 16, 2019
You’ll need to file a police report. Then go back to them. Was the money spent near where you live?
They just advised me yesterday to file a police report .I will go down first thing Monday morning.And yes it was spent in the next town over from me it’s about 30 miles from me.

Jan 6, 2015
This might be Kohl's way of saying that the theft of a gift card is a matter between you and the police, thereby absolving themselves of the issue.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This might be Kohl's way of saying that the theft of a gift card is a matter between you and the police, thereby absolving themselves of the issue.
It was their way of saying that.

Katie, go back to the help screens, state you wrote all the way up the executive chain and Kohl’s refuses to help you. Ask if they could look at the correspondence.

Feb 16, 2019
I’m just going to give up I did everything I could I even wrote the CEO Michelle Glass,they are rude from the bottom to the top all of them!!Ill just have to take the 303 dollar loss(302.36)Thank you for your time

Mar 23, 2015
I was a supervisor at a Kohl’s customer service return department for a couple of years while going to college. If they sent you a corporate return that means that you are a frequent flyer in the returns department—returning items without receipts. So, unfortunately you kind of already started out with a strike against you in their minds. Not trying to be rude but it’s just their mindset. So they sent a gift card to you and in their minds, they fulfilled their end and as far as they know it made it to you and whether it’s somebody in your household or somebody stole that from your mailbox or whatever somebody used that gift card. Kohl’s has no way of knowing whether it was you or someone else. That is why they requested a police report. I realize that you’re upset because in your mind you didn’t get the benefit of that refund but in their minds somebody did. I hope you understand where they’re coming from. If you genuinely did not get that refund then continue working with them and providing the information they ask for and working with the system .

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I was a supervisor at a Kohl’s customer service return department for a couple of years while going to college. If they sent you a corporate return that means that you are a frequent flyer in the returns department—returning items without receipts. So, unfortunately you kind of already started out with a strike against you in their minds. Not trying to be rude but it’s just their mindset. So they sent a gift card to you and in their minds, they fulfilled their end and as far as they know it made it to you and whether it’s somebody in your household or somebody stole that from your mailbox or whatever somebody used that gift card. Kohl’s has no way of knowing whether it was you or someone else. That is why they requested a police report. I realize that you’re upset because in your mind you didn’t get the benefit of that refund but in their minds somebody did. I hope you understand where they’re coming from. If you genuinely did not get that refund then continue working with them and providing the information they ask for and working with the system .
Thank you for clarifying why a gift card was mailed. That is a big indicator on why Kohl’s mailed the card in the first place.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thank you for this explanation, Mel. I wondered what a "corporate return" was and now we have some insight into the story. I haven't returned very many items in my life, but I had never heard the term "corporate return".

Feb 16, 2019
I’ve never returned without a receipt at kohls ever in my life.This was my very first experience with returning without a receipt.I do understand where they are coming from now,they are frowning upon me because they are thinking that I’m just returning without a receipt to recieve the gift card.Well that explains a lot they think I’m doing something illegal that’s why they’re been so rude to me.Can’t they check the computers to verify that I’ve never returned anything before?