Kitchen Aid Stove

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 8, 2019
We bought a Kitchen aid slide in stove about 3 years ago. lucky we put a 5-year warranty on it. There have been ongoing problems with the oven, there have been so many issues. the inside of the stove is chipping, they gave me paint to spray on the chips, It will go rusty. the self-clean doesn't work, the answer yeah that didn't work out so good. so can't fix. The blower fan has been replaced. the bottom oven drawer had to be replaced we are now on a 4th replacement motherboard and it still doesn't work right. We paid $2,166 for the stove. I understand that Washington State has a lemon law for appliances. can you tell if this is true and if so how do I file

Jean Homfeld

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
We bought a Kitchen aid slide in stove about 3 years ago. lucky we put a 5-year warranty on it. There have been ongoing problems with the oven, there have been so many issues. the inside of the stove is chipping, they gave me paint to spray on the chips, It will go rusty. the self-clean doesn't work, the answer yeah that didn't work out so good. so can't fix. The blower fan has been replaced. the bottom oven drawer had to be replaced we are now on a 4th replacement motherboard and it still doesn't work right. We paid $2,166 for the stove. I understand that Washington State has a lemon law for appliances. can you tell if this is true and if so how do I file

Jean Homfeld
I don't know about WA state lemon laws.

Whirlpool is the parent co of Kitchen Aid. You can email cust serv and present your case. Hopefully, you can negotiate an exchange and credit for a new appliance. Email the first cust serv person (DO NOT call) and escalate weekly if no/negative response.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/whirlpool/

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You should be able to do a search for details of Washington State's lemon law. There's certainly little question that your appliance is a lemon.