Kindle Unlimited Subscribers blocked from borrowing narration (audio) if they own the eBook

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 7, 2019
Kindle Unlimited includes the ability to *borrow* books with narration. However, if you *own* a title's eBook, you can no longer borrow the unowned audio portion. This issue has been reported numerous times over the last 14 months. Various Amazon reps have duplicated and confirmed the problem is on their end. They then apologize, sometimes issue a credit, say they will report the issue and promise a followup... to never be heard from again.

Bottom line, you can't access the narration you paid for with your subscription. Impacting all Kindle Unlimited subscribers.

Reported to Clark Howard, Amazon Facebook Page, Jeff@Amazon.com, Dave@Amazon.com, ECR (Executive customer relations), etc. Again, this is not a one-user problem, this is denying many other subscribers access to what they pay for as well. [this issue should not be confused with another more serious issue also reported here]

What to do to resolve this?

-TrueHeart Capture.PNG

Feb 7, 2019
"If you cancel a Kindle Unlimited membership... you will not receive a partial refund for unused months (mine is 2 year) and you cannot restart your membership later. "

Feb 7, 2019
I own the eBook (text). As my vision problems have worsened, I want to borrow the "audiobook companion". Both are "free" to borrow with my Kindle Unlimited subscription. Obviously I don't want to borrow the text I own, but text/audio are loaned as a set.