• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 17, 2019
We had a "Mini" Keurig Coffee Maker that lasted about 3 years. It died right at Christmas time. I dug out an old cheap drip coffee maker we had used before to use while I spent a few days researching a new Keurig online. We then purchased the next step up from the Mini at Walmart; The Compact model. From the very first cup of coffee I made, the coffee tasted like "rubber". I tried several times just running water through the coffee maker and could not get rid of the smell (or taste) of rubber. So, I mixed white vinegar 50/50 with water and filled the water reservoir again. Still, it all tasted bad. after three or four full reservoirs of water, the vinegar smell was gone, but the other rubber taste was still there. So, I found another model online, first at Keurig.com and then scouted all over major retailers to see if I could locate one nearby. I tried JCPenney, Sears, KMart, Walmart, Target, Kohls, Belk, Macy's, Home Depot, Lowe's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and at this point I can't remember where else exactly, but I went back to Keurig.com to see if there were any other retailers that sold it. I found it at Kroger Marketplace just 2 blocks from where my husband works and asked him to see if they did in fact have it. They did, so he brought it home on Friday, the 11th. I opened the box, read the Instruction booklet and took the new Keurig Select Coffee Maker out and removed all of the tape from the product, rinsed out the water reservoir, soaked the filter as instructed that was included, inserted it in the reservoir and then filled it with water to begin the "test" brew. It too, smelled like rubber, even though THIS model has a charcoal filter that stays in the water reservoir. So, I kept trying to make a decent cup of coffee, and after wasting several K cups and coffee creamer, I decided to contact Keurig on their website to seek a resolution. This is 2 different models with the very same issue. I received a response from Keurig via email asking me to contact them. So, tonight, I called the number they gave, and asked the young lady if she wanted the Request Id# I had been assigned. She told me no, "it would be easier for me if you gave me your email address", so I did. It took a while for her to figure it out that she didn't fully understand what I said was the correct email address, and she then had to read the email. I gave her the Serial Number that my husband showed me on the bottom of the box, and she kept asking me questions about another email address. And I kept telling her that the only email address I had given first to Keurig and then to her was just the ONE I had just given her. I asked her to repeat the Serial Number back to me, and she then told me that the product had already been purchased In October, 2018 and had already been registered. I was flabbergasted. I said no, "I broke the seal on the box myself on Friday, Jan 11th, I removed all of the tape (all 10 pieces of it) off of the coffee maker myself and even asked HER if she had ever purchased a Keurig maker herself so she would know what I was talking about; that the product that I got was brand new. Her response was that they would replace the coffee maker once I shipped it back and they completed analysis on it. I asked her if they would be shipping me a new one in the meantime and she said no. I said, "You mean I will be without a coffee maker AT ALL for several weeks in order for you to replace THIS one?" She said "Yes". I told her that that was in no way acceptable to me and that I would contact them again tomorrow and speak to someone else that COULD send me a replacement. I just want a decent cup of coffee without having to spend any more money to get it!

Jan 17, 2019
That is and avenue I am considering. I HAVE already returned the first one. However, I want to pursue further the claim from Keurig that I am trying to register and receive consideration for a "used" product that was purchased in October 2018, when I know for certain that the one I have is brand new. I also don't want to have to go through the same thing for the THIRD time.

Sep 19, 2015
That is and avenue I am considering. I HAVE already returned the first one. However, I want to pursue further the claim from Keurig that I am trying to register and receive consideration for a "used" product that was purchased in October 2018, when I know for certain that the one I have is brand new. I also don't want to have to go through the same thing for the THIRD time.
Someone may have made a typo registering theirs in October 2018

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you wait much longer to return it, the store may not take it back. As Christina said, someone could have made a typo when registering it. There are many other companies that made coffee makers that accept the Keurig pods. I bought one for $30 at Big Lots and have been enjoying it with no problems.

I understand your principles, but sometimes the fight just isn't worth it. If I bought two that had the same problem, I wouldn't be buying a third - there is something wrong with the product.

Jan 17, 2019
I am already planning to check out other options when I go out today. So the plan is to return the other one by tomorrow at any rate. $150 is just too much to pay for a coffee maker that doesn't produce a decent cup of coffee.