JUSTFLY

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 9, 2018
To,
Justfly
250 Water St Suite 205 B
Summerside, Prince Edwards, Canada C1N 1B6

Subject: I need Refund ASAP of Justfly Cancellation Number: 112-xxx-xxx and JUSTFLY Customer Care Executives are VERY RUDE and Not Helpful.

Recently I made the booking through Justfly.com for New York to Vancouver through Philippine Airlines, which because of their Baggage Policies, I cancelled the ticket immediately. I called Philippine Airlines Customer Care and they told me that Justfly will credit money back into my account. But my question is How can you hold on to the money for so long with you, it is not a law and I am not appreciating this. I would like to release my money ASAP because my account is getting closed next week by Thursday, August 16, 2018. I have to close this account due to some personal reasons. Kindly request you to release this money immediately because of the customer requirement. And as Justfly works in the service industry, this is their Job to keep the customer first. I believe your company believes in the same philosophy because as the real marketing starts from customer’s speaking about the company out in public.

Also, I would like to mention about that your CCE’s working are very rude in talking to the customer over the phone. Specially there was executive named Rocky, who was yelling in his English, that I should listen to him in a very bossy way, Kindly request you to at least train your people well enough.

In the end, I just want to request again for the release of money. Please feel free to reach me over the phone or email for any assistance from my side. I hope you will make my experience with Justfly a good one, instead of bad story.

Thanks
Regards
Jatin Mxxxxr
3xxxxxxxx

edited by a moderator to remove cancellation number and telephone number

Aug 9, 2018
I just finished the call from JUSTFLY CUSTOMER CARE agent named LIAN and she is coming up with the new story that I need to get in touch with the my Financial Institution, which is my Bank, who has nothing to do with it. It's such a simple process, they deducted my money and I follow all the rules as per their guidelines (for which I mean their abiding by Justfly Cancellation Policy). So they should refund immediately, why to keep on hold customers money. They are doing business and they should have enough Capital to run the business with their own money, not by blocking people's hard earned money in their account.

Feb 21, 2018
I just finished the call from JUSTFLY CUSTOMER CARE agent named LIAN and she is coming up with the new story that I need to get in touch with the my Financial Institution, which is my Bank, who has nothing to do with it. It's such a simple process, they deducted my money and I follow all the rules as per their guidelines (for which I mean their abiding by Justfly Cancellation Policy). So they should refund immediately, why to keep on hold customers money. They are doing business and they should have enough Capital to run the business with their own money, not by blocking people's hard earned money in their account.
Not defending JustFly at all here...but if they are telling you to get in touch with your Financial Institution then you should, because THEY may be the ones hanging on to your money.

If you used a debit card to pay for this ticket (and based on your post it sounds like you did) then the agreement most banks have their customers agree to is that it may take anywhere from 3-14 days for a refund to go back into your account. Yes, when you buy something the funds come out immediately - that's to keep anyone else from 'using' those funds.

The time it takes to process the refund is generally a time when the bank gets to make a few bucks on the float - the time that a merchant notifies them of the refund and the time that the money actually gets back into your account.

You should find out from your bank what their policy is on refunds, and if they do have the funds credited back from JustFly then ask if they can be released into your account as you plan to close it.

Apr 10, 2017
There are cancellation fees. The following is from the JustFly website:

For U.S. bookings, even if your ticket is nonrefundable:

• Within 24 hours of purchase, you may cancel your booking and receive a full refund, subject to our cancellation fees.
  • You may choose to opt-in to our Extended Cancellation Policy, for $19.99 per passenger, which will allow you to cancel up to a full 24 hours after purchase without subjecting you to our standard administrative cancellation fees.

All reservations are non-refundable unless otherwise stated. If you find that you must cancel a reservation for any reason, please contact us. We will do all we can to assist you in this process. However, please be aware that even if your cancellation is allowed and your reservation is thus refundable, it may be subject to an administrative cancellation fee of $150.00 per passenger for international flights, $125 for trans-border flights between Canada and the USA and $75 for domestic flights.

Sep 19, 2015
My apologies, Neil and ADM are correct. Justfly has a 24 hour fee paying cancellation. It is one of the other OTAs that has only a 4 hour, But one has to pay for something that the airlines have to do for no cost.

Aug 9, 2018
Thanks a lot for your reply... Also, if someone can advice me that How should I raise a dispute with the Bank or asked them initiate the money back into my account. My Bank is TD bank... I don't know they are good at this or not...