JustFly Frustrations

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 14, 2021
We are just having the worst time with JustFly. It seems to be nearly impossible to talk to an actual human, and once you do actually reach a person, they seem to give out information that is inaccurate and untrustworthy. We totally regret booking our tickets through this scam of a company.

Our troubles with JustFly began last March when we were forced to cancel our trip to Croatia due to Covid. Technically only one leg of our flight path was cancelled, but we pulled the plug on cancelling a week before we were due to leave. Because Lufthansa was the airline being used, they technically determined the voucher policies apparently. The policy initially was that we needed to book something by June 2020 and travel by December 31, 2020. That was later extended by Lufthansa to a booking date of January 31, 2021 and a travel date of December 31, 2021. Although this policy change was posted on the Lufthansa website, our voucher expiration date on JustFly continued to say "Use by June 30, 2020." I kept calling JustFly throughout the summer and fall, and each time was assured that it must be a typo, and that our vouchers were still valid.

Last week we decided that since the January 31 booking deadline was approaching that it was time to book a trip. Called up JustFly and was promptly told that our vouchers had expired. I mentioned the many assurances I had gotten that our vouchers were indeed still valid, but was told that they were not because Lufthansa had not changed any of their policies. So, I called up Lufthansa, and the customer service agent there said, "JustFly is crazy. They are not telling you the truth." In fact, Lufthansa had pushed out their booking deadline to the end of March 2021. Back to JustFly. As soon as I mentioned I had talked to Lufthansa about the voucher expiration date, JustFly suddenly said that they would "still honor" our vouchers.

The fun continues though... We were under the impression we could book any Lufthansa (or Star Alliance) flight. Nope. JustFly stated that their policy was that we could ONLY fly on an actual Lufthansa flight - not any that were actually operated by someone other than Lufthansa. This made traveling to almost everywhere in Europe nearly impossible, because most flights connecting to our home airport in Minneapolis connect through Toronto on Air Canada. Again, I called Lufthansa to ask about that policy, and they stated that they didn't have any sort of requirement that mandated we travel only on Lufthansa flights (as opposed to Star Alliance flights).

At present, I am on hour 2 of being on hold to speak to a JustFly agent about that issue. We just want to book our flights, but I am getting worried this will never happen...Help!!

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Justfly has been the source of innumerable complaints on this forum, many similar to yours. (https://www.elliott.org/?s=justfly)

They do not provide real phone support and what people are told is often incorrect, and simply a means of getting you off the phone.

You need to stop wasting your time on the phone and use email. However, that is unfortunately no guarantee that you will resolve your issue.
Justfly is based in Canada and the BBB warns against using them.

Here are the Justfly contacts: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/justfly-com/

Start with the first level of customer service and move to the executive list after a week if the issue is not resolved. However, be prepared for no useful responses.

Jan 14, 2021
Talked to Lufthansa again this morning and they reiterated that they have no requirement that we fly ONLY on Lufthansa flights; we are indeed able to fly on any airline within their Star Alliance (ie, Air Canada). We were told by JustFly that we would need some sort of waiver from Lufthansa in order to make that work. JustFly claims that they are going to contact Lufthansa today to get the waiver, but we have no faith that JustFly will do that. We are going to call the Lufthansa travel agency number (upon recommendation of a Lufthansa agent) as soon as they open this morning to see what they might do.

Interesting enough, we found that our return flights on Air Canada were also being offered with a Lufthansa validation and Lufthansa flight numbers. When we mentioned this to JustFly they said they were aware of no such flights. That seems fishy right? Those exact Air Canada flights are listed on other travel websites.

I will begin emailing this morning as well. Thank you for that suggestion.

Does the BBB ever step in to do something about a company like this?

Jan 14, 2021
The BBB actually has a warning on their website about using Justfly. Check the link Weihlac posted and review the many complaints we have here about JustFly.

Justfly has been the source of innumerable complaints on this forum, many similar to yours. (https://www.elliott.org/?s=justfly)

They do not provide real phone support and what people are told is often incorrect, and simply a means of getting you off the phone.

You need to stop wasting your time on the phone and use email. However, that is unfortunately no guarantee that you will resolve your issue.
Justfly is based in Canada and the BBB warns against using them.

Here are the Justfly contacts: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/justfly-com/

Start with the first level of customer service and move to the executive list after a week if the issue is not resolved. However, be prepared for no useful responses.
Just attempted to email the customer service address and received an automatic reply stating that the account was no longer being monitored...

Jan 14, 2021
Please help! We got through to a person at JustFly this morning who promptly hung up on us after we described what we had learned after talking to Lufthansa.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Forum Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Talked to Lufthansa again this morning and they reiterated that they have no requirement that we fly ONLY on Lufthansa flights; we are indeed able to fly on any airline within their Star Alliance (ie, Air Canada). We were told by JustFly that we would need some sort of waiver from Lufthansa in order to make that work. JustFly claims that they are going to contact Lufthansa today to get the waiver, but we have no faith that JustFly will do that. We are going to call the Lufthansa travel agency number (upon recommendation of a Lufthansa agent) as soon as they open this morning to see what they might do.

Interesting enough, we found that our return flights on Air Canada were also being offered with a Lufthansa validation and Lufthansa flight numbers. When we mentioned this to JustFly they said they were aware of no such flights. That seems fishy right? Those exact Air Canada flights are listed on other travel websites.

This is probably only true if it is a codeshare flight. This means that the flight could be on another carrier's but it would have to be sold with an LH flight number (codeshare flight). Of course, is for a published fare, if you paid Justfly for the ticket, you likely had an unpublished fare which is usually cheaper than the published fares, but can be more restrictive, and the terms would be dictated by the seller rather than the airline.

Unfortunately, Justfly is the most complained about booking agent on our site and they stopped responding to us a long time ago.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
We were under the impression we could book any Lufthansa (or Star Alliance) flight.

This may not be true if the vouchers held by JustFly have terms similar to the flight value vouchers that Lufthansa issued directly to consumers. Per their web site, they have the following conditions that may be relevant for you:
  • must be used "on routes that have at least one flight segment with a Lufthansa flight number (e.g. LH123)."
  • the departure airport of the new booking must be in the same country as the departure airport in your original ticket.
  • The holder of the Flight Value Voucher must be the passenger buying the ticket. If several passengers are booked on one booking, the holder of the Flight Value Voucher must be one of these passengers.
Also, Lufthansa's voucher can only be used on lufthansa.com, which I assume means Lufthansa needs to issue the ticket. Lufthansa may not resell all Star Alliance flights. You might try doing a mock booking on Lufthansa's web site to see if they offer the flights you want.

Jan 14, 2021
Two Lufthansa agents have told us that we do not need to worry about any such requirement. JustFly has told us that they will need to get a waiver from Lufthansa. Have you ever heard of anything like that?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Two Lufthana agents have told us that we do not need to worry about any such requirement. JustFly has told us that they will need to get a waiver from Lufthansa. Have you ever heard of anything like that?
Yes. You are not always booking under the same circumstances as if you had booked directly. When you book through a travel agency, you have to deal with them with changes and cancellations. And unfortunately - you chose a problem agency that doesn't respond to our efforts to advocate.

Reactions: BittyBoo and VoR61

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018

The only thing the BBB can do is forward your complaint to Justfly. They do not mediate the complaints.

I am terribly sorry you got into this mess with JustFly. As previously posted, they have a terrible reputation on this forum. The only advice I can offer is that in the future, please make all of your travel arrangements directly with the provider and not use any type of online travel agency (OTA) or booking website. When you utilize an OTA and have to change your plans, you must work with them and not directly with the travel provider. Any savings you might get is negligible and you are bound to their unique terms and conditions which may be more restrictive than those you receive from the travel provider.

Reactions: VoR61
Jan 14, 2021
Can a JustFly travel credit be transferred into a Lufthansa travel voucher? That way we could just book directly with Lufthansa and possibly skirt any specific JustFly rules.

Yes, we have learned a very hard lesson with this experience. A cheap flight is not worth one ounce of all of this hassle, stress and heartache! Never again will we book through a third party site or travel company. Just trying to do whatever we can now to keep as much of our money as possible.

Thank you everyone for your assistance and ideas. I appreciate them! :)

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
You keep going back to what Lufthansa will or will not do. This is only pertinent if you had booked with Lufthansa. You did not book with Lufthansa, you booked with JustFly. So it does not matter what Lufthansa would do. They could announce they are now refunding cash , and you would not be due this cash. What matters is what it says in JustFly's terms and conditions. Do you remember what it said about what you get when you cancel a flight? Again it does not matter what Lufthansa would do as you agreed to JustFly's terms and that is what counts.
Our troubles with JustFly began last March when we were forced to cancel our trip to Croatia due to Covid
You canceled , so you you will have to do what ever JustFly's terms and conditions say you have to do.
If you search online you will see thousands complaining about this OTA.
I believe there is no way to convert this credit to a Lufthansa credit, other airline credit , or a cash refund. If they converted this credit to a Lufthansa credit then JustFly would have to pay Lufthansa money. Then Lufthansa will have the money and not JustFly. So you can see why JustFly will not do this. JustFly is broke and doing everything they can to keep any assets they have left.
I think what you are missing here is that JustFly's job here is to make it so hard to use this credit , so they get to keep your money. I am sure they are hoping that many people are unable to use their credits.
take away from this is that it is better to book direct with the airline. To save a few bucks you lose so many rights and make any problems much worse. Also to read any Terms and conditions of anyone you want to give your money too, no matter how boring they might be.
I wish you a lot of luck.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Just attempted to email the customer service address and received an automatic reply stating that the account was no longer being monitored...
I'm not surprised, this booking service is worse than awful. Read up on all the other threads we have concerning them so you can figure out how to solve your problem without their assistance. Please submit a request to our Research Department to come up with some current contact information.

Reactions: VoR61