JustFly.com Travel Credit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 11, 2018
I called Justfly.com to book a round trip flight to Berlin using my airline credit/voucher of $760.84. I was on hold most of the 45 minute call and the woman said no flights available and The voucher expires soon, the return date has to be before November 9,2018. She said to call back in 24 to 48 hours. I called the next day and was on hold for mostly 40 minutes while the man couldn’t find any flights. I asked for a supervisor and he disconnected me. I called back and spoke to another man and he said he wouldn’t put me on hold to give my number and promised he would call back in the evening. He didn’t call. The first woman told me I’d get a refund if no flights were available after 24/48 hours. The second man I called said they would not do refunds for a flight credit/voucher. The company stated that calls are recorded... so I called again and asked for a supervisor and none available. I would like a refund of the voucher price since they are trying to keep the money by making me run out of time to be able to use the voucher. They have no flights available and I will end up losing all the money because they aren’t holding up their end of the deal. I just want to book my round trip flight from Philadelphia or Newark to Berlin and back for around the price of my credit. I’m a pianist and have a performance at the end of October and just want to use my credit for the week long trip. Please help, the customer service people didn’t know what to do and neither do I. Icelandair and SAS both have roundtrip flights in the $640-$900 range so I don’t understand how they cannot find me a flight.
I would really appreciate any help regarding this matter!
Thank you!!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
They may not have contracts with those airlines. Unfortunately, Justfly is such a poor company the BBB actually warns people not to use them. I hope you might have some luck writing to them because they will not respond to us at all. We recently had another person who had a problem with them that we couldn’t do anything for.

The other consumer had been the exact same issues with the phones with them.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/justfly-com/

All we can do is advise you to try contacting them using our contacts. Try emailing.

Good luck.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm so sorry you're having this issue. This booking service, as Neil says, has an awful reputation. All I can think of is to write to them using our company contacts. It looks like their MO is to just dangle you along until the voucher expires. What a shame. I wish we could be more helpful. Next time, please book directly with the airline.

Oct 11, 2018
They may not have contracts with those airlines. Unfortunately, Justfly is such a poor company the BBB actually warns people not to use them. I hope you might have some luck writing to them because they will not respond to us at all. We recently had another person who had a problem with them that we couldn’t do anything for.

All we can do is advise you to try contacting them using our contacts. Try emailing.

Good luck.
Thank you

Good luck.
Thank you... I emailed the company contacts you suggested. I will update when or if anyone responds. Do you think this would be a matter to handle in small claims court?

Oct 11, 2018
I'm so sorry you're having this issue. This booking service, as Neil says, has an awful reputation. All I can think of is to write to them using our company contacts. It looks like their MO is to just dangle you along until the voucher expires. What a shame. I wish we could be more helpful. Next time, please book directly with the airline.
Thank you. I will only book directly with an airline from now on!

Oct 11, 2018
Thank you

Thank you... I emailed the company contacts you suggested. I will update when or if anyone responds. Do you think this would be a matter to handle in small claims court?
I forgot to mention that the credit for JustFly is only applicable on tickets with the airlines I spoke of easier...Scandinavian and Icelandair.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What was the credit for? Did you cancel a previous flight for non refundable tickets?

Just Fly is a Canadian Company. You would have to sue them in Canada, pay to go back and forth, hotels, etc. it would cost you more than the credit to have to do this.

Use our company contacts -read on the main company contacts page how to write and do it as described. You have to go through the entire writing process for one of the writers to look at this.

Oct 11, 2018
I will respond to the offer with my offer. Also, I don’t like the vagueness of the tickets that are being offered. I have read on bbb how some people were offered phantom tickets that they never received. I will send the regular advertised flight offers that I keep getting in my email. I will be a happy girl if they can match the price and give me hard evidence of my booking with which I can follow up.
Is the the right course of action?
Any suggestions?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The $300 fee is one of their own fees it seems and they cover themselves in their terms with a vague reference to additional fees

FUTURE TRAVEL CREDITS

Future travel credits are subject to the airlines fare rules and your ticket restrictions.

Future travel credits are non-refundable and non-transferable to another traveler. When the credit is redeemed, it must be used by the same person whose name appears on the original ticket.

Future travel credits are only applicable with the airline originally used to book your initial ticket.

If a future travel credit is applicable, depending on the airline fare rules and your ticket restrictions, it may be used towards the value of a new ticket which must be of equal or higher value. It must be reissued and used within the time period permitted by the original rules of the ticket. In addition, additional fees, the difference in fare and routing restrictions may apply.

https://m.justfly.com/terms-and-conditions

They have information about arbitration in the terms and talk about small claims court in NY.