Justfly.com Malfeasance - Straight to Court or Try To Contact Parent Company First?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 29, 2019
I have written up long versions of exactly what has gone on but the short version is this - My wife and I booked a trip to Kenya through justfly.com months in advance. Justfly got my wife's name wrong on the ticket, reversing the middle and last name. We did not realize until at the airport 3 hours before boarding. Her name did not match her passport so she could not fly! We called justfly and they refused to call British Airways to fix the problem even though we had a direct line number from BA for an agent to call, for 3 hours justfly refused to take simple actions that would have immediately rectified the situation. We had to cancel our flights and trip to Kenya. We got charged $500 from justfly immediately for late cancellation. And we got charged $1280 in cancellation fees from British Airways. After trying through several channels for several weeks I had to snail mail BA customer service to even get a response regarding their late charge fees, they sent me a letter blaming Justfly. Justfly has no real customer service or channels for complaint whatsoever. I now plan to take Justfly to small claims court to recoup the $1800 in late/cancellation fees their malfeasance caused me and my wife along with other damages around our cancelled trip. I have lots of questions regarding this process, and whether I should seek to contact the CEO of the parent company (or some other member of the parent company management team) of justfly, or whether I should just go straight to small claims court. And if I do opt for small claims court, what does that process look like i n AZ?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The BBB has issued a warning about using Justfly. We have it in our Company Contacts. There are multiple online complaints about this company.

Our advice is always to try to work it out with the company first. If you check their terms in their website they usually state where you would have to file suit. They are a Canadian Company and you would need a Canadian lawyer to sue. So you really have no other option.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/justfly-com/

Here is how to write to them:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

In the future- book direct.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
What you are encountering is business as usual for Justfly. These forums are filled with similar stories. Insert "Justfly" into the search box in the upper right of this page and see the other problems with Justfly.

Justfly is not a US company and it is one of the few that the BBB advises strongly against using. Based on similar Justfly issues there is not much you can do but use the contacts on this site and hope. https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/justfly-com/

Unfortunately, you should have checked your reservations within 24 hours of making it-you could have fixed this for no or minimal charge then. Three hours before departure is not a time to fix anything. Whenever you make an international reservation you need to have all the passports in front of you to make sure you enter the names exactly as they are in the passports, and then check the confirmation immediately upon receipt.

Sep 19, 2015
Justfly does allow for 24 hour cancellation and charges a service fee.

No one looked at the reservation until 3 hours before?

Have you tried writing to the contacts? I would do that first and take out threats of litigation.

Jan 6, 2015
Reasonable proof of your accusation would require a screenshot taken just before you booked the flight. I'm going to guess that you didn't capture that. And given that Justfly allows a 24 hour cancellation, you then missed your opportunity to resolve this without additional charges.

Your best chance, I think, is to politely request a refund of some of the cancellation fees . . .