JUSTAIRTICKET- Is this a scam?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2015
Yes it is a scam. Contact your credit card company and do an immediate chargeback.
Tell your credit card company you are being scammed.
(Edit: ) You should never lose your right to dispute a credit card charge. They are making you waive it.

Tell the OTA to cancel your reservation immediately and you do not agree to buy anything from them as the price has changed. (Edit ...) I reread the post, I misread the price change. I think they are saying that the amount was over $2500 so they wanted something in writing from you. Unless they told you beforehand that this is their policy then they should not surprise you.

There is no need for you to sign or send anything. This is the risk OTAs have to deal with with card not present transactions.

Last edited:

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Oh dear I just read the most awful a reviews on Trip Advisor forums about this outfit. Even if only half are true I would be very concerned. While this outfit may not be a scam they certainly have some "interesting" practices.

Oct 5, 2015
Here's what you need to understand.

Justairticket does not mention their IATA number. All real travel agents have one.
That suggests that they are a mere broker and will have a real airline ticket consolidator do the ticketing.

http://www.asta.org/agents/agntdeta...ame=Justairticket.com&customURL=justairticket

http://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/busin...justairticket-com-in-jersey-city-nj-90163423/

While this is a usual and acceptable practice for small travel agents - since most operated under a hosted environment; this is quite deceiving for an OTA. OTAs should be able to ticket their own stuff online. However, we have seen a lot of OTBs (online ticket brokers) which do not even have the facility or engines to ticket online.

If you want to buy online then either buy from the airline site directly or use the big boys.
Most of the small operators look like OTAs when in fact all you are doing is ordering online using a form while they try to ticket you offline. That's why they end up simply emailing you your ticket confirmation after a long time.

The reason why you are getting this BS request for paperwork is the OTB is trying to cover its butt due to card not present transactions. They are too small to take the financial hit and think the paperwork will work to protect them (not you).

My opinion here is that you are not dealing with a premier OTA so therefore you get this paperwork garbage. A human travel agent might ask you for it but never a OTA big-boy.
RUN as fast as you can,

Oct 5, 2015
Their online T&Cs do not mention any requirement of filling up and signing that piece of paper ...

Credit/Debit Card Payments
For easier payment facility, we accept all credit cards that must have a verifiable US, Canadian or other country billing address. To view the list of countries where credit card(s) are accepted, click the drop menu down in the check-out page.

For any reason, if User(s) credit card is declined, we may notify user within 72 hours. Please note that submitting the credit card does not guarantee ticketing. Also Justairticket.com is not responsible in the event if your credit or debit card is not approved or charged.

There can be many reasons why your credit or debit card may not have been approved or charged. For examples;
  • TSP(s) could not confirm the booking as fare increased since payment information was submitted & prior to ticketing.
  • Unavailability of sufficient funds not available on the credit card.

Justairticket.com uses stringent safety measures for credit card payment processing. User(s) warrant being liable & responsible for any and all credit card payments. Of course, User(s) agree to reimburse Justairticket.com in cases of charge back or credit card disputes where user(s) have genuinely purchased a product/service on our site. If there certain transactions are found to be high risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our verification team confirmed that it's safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact user(s) or their respective bank(s).

Oct 5, 2015
@Flywisely do you see mention of cancellation penalties? OR service charges?
Well there is nothing to cancel yet. If they never issued the tickets that's their problem.

I understand this case 100%. Most sub-agents ask for something like this. The key is to tell the customer BEFORE they purchase what your T&Cs are. Not after you take their cc info.

You might get away with this kind of thing in India or Pakistan but not here in USA.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Yup, my colleagues are right on. Send them an email instructing them to cancel everything without fees or penalties. Then file a dispute with your credit card issuer claiming fraud. Keep copies of everything.

Good for you to not follow their ridiculous requirements, and instead seek out the facts. Booking on the internet is safest by using the airline and hotel sites. In other words, "book direct". If you have future issues, you are able to get assistance, unlike booking with a 3rd party. No savings is worth the aggravation of dealing with these companies.

Last edited:
May 17, 2016
Here is my issue with this agency:

Yesterday I booked three tickets on justairticket.com. Almost immediately someone called me to ask me all the details, and I confirmed everything with them on the phone. At the end of the conversations he said he will send me this email asking me for a copy of my ID and my credit card. He said that because the price is higher than $2500, they would need me to fill out an authorization form, and to send these photocopies along. The copies may all be blacked out- but they need to see my name on the cards.

Is that a legitimate request? Is that a real company?
The charges are processing on my bank account. Its says PENDING.
I contacted them to ask for a confirmation number, they said they won't give me one unless I provide them with all that. The reviews on Trip Adviser say that once they give them the authorization, they call and inform you that the price has gone up. Then there's really not much you can do, as you just authorized them.

What do I do? So far I have not sent anything.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Don't!!! Why do they need your ID and credit card? And authorization? I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.