Just want the bulkhead seats from AA that were confirmed!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 27, 2018
We received an email that our AA flights were changed completely (and change of planes) and seats were no longer assigned for the LHR to CLT flight. When I went into our record locator, AA now wants $105/per seat for the SAME bulkhead seats were were already confirmed with back on September 13. I spoke with AA's customer service rep (did not get her name) who could not do anything for me and then spoke with her Supervisor, Maddie, who said, "There is a charge for these seats now and I can only put you back in those seats for a charge. I can only place you in standard seats if you are unwilling to pay. Also, seats are not guaranteed, only that we will get you back to the location you requested on your booking." I also wrote 3 emails to executives per your website and received a call back from Victoria from the Executive Office who said, "I cannot do anything different than what the customer service group advised." I am frustrated that they are unwilling to confirm the bulkhead seats for me on the new flight (and they are available, but for $105/pp) as my husband is 6'5" and we always book these type seats for long flights. AA's website states "American makes every effort to reseat passengers in the same seats. When this isn’t possible, we’ll attempt to seat you in a like seat. We appreciate your cooperation when special circumstances won’t allow us to reseat you in your original assigned seat." Please help! (I can provide the original confirmations if you are able to help me.) Thank you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Sep 19, 2015
The different plane may mean that the bulkheads are Main Cabin Extra, which one has to pay for. Is this the case? Because if this is now in the "fee" category you likely will not get it for free. It sounds like you had standard seats and now the bulkhead is Main Cabin Extra; they are offering you the same as what you paid.

At this point, after writing to the contacts, and being told no, either sit in a standard seat or pay,

Sep 19, 2015
How long ago did you originally book? AA does charge for bulkhead seats now. If you didn’t have to pay for them originally you lucked out. If you did pay extra for them, then they shouldn’t charge you again.

We have company contacts on top of our page. You can write to. Follow the instructions in this :

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
Neil I think she did write and got a no, sounds like the plane change made these Main Cabin Extra which costs money without status,

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I thought she says she called and calling and writing can get two different results. I think you are absolutely correct that the bulkhead seats might be a totally different seat class (and more expensive) than what they paid for.

Dec 27, 2018
All,
I appreciate everyone's feedback and am happy to say that I received the following response from AA today and this case is closed with a very happy flier of AA:

I do apologize for the recent Schedule Change in addition to the loss of Bulkhead Seating. We are able to confirm Bulkhead Seats 12DE (London Heathrow to Chicago O'Hare) without any Charge.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
All,
I appreciate everyone's feedback and am happy to say that I received the following response from AA today and this case is closed with a very happy flier of AA:

I do apologize for the recent Schedule Change in addition to the loss of Bulkhead Seating. We are able to confirm Bulkhead Seats 12DE (London Heathrow to Chicago O'Hare) without any Charge.
This is great news - I thought for sure you would be forced to pay for the seats! Perhaps American is becoming aware of their reputation for customer service, or lack thereof. Very happy that you let us know.