Jiffy Lube damage and aggressive behavior

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 3, 2018
I was aggressively treated at jiffy Lube in Atlantic County NJ.
I filed a complaint on lIne, have had numerous emails and phone calls to customer service. Not only is turn switch broken and high beams stuck on. Repair $300.
They damaged window which was repaired. The manager of the site claimed to be the owner, he is not.
Corporate closed the case and refused to talk to me. They called my son, who was not there, he didn't have information, and refuse to discuss.

Attachments

Feb 16, 2018
You will need to be a little more specific in your post, and then in follow up letters to Jiffy Lube. First, why was your vehicle at Jiffy Lube. How do you claim your vehicle was damaged by the employees. How did they get your son's information to call him, and why do you think they would call him since it is your vehicle. How were you treated aggressively? A proper timeline of events with the information you have as proof of liability and bad customer service is a must for review by corporate customer service.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Dave is giving you excellent advice. Just make a concise list of the facts in chronological order. We can help you get some response from Jiffy. What you've posted here was probably set aside because the reader didn't have enough information to take some action.

Dec 3, 2018
You will need to be a little more specific in your post, and then in follow up letters to Jiffy Lube. First, why was your vehicle at Jiffy Lube. How do you claim your vehicle was damaged by the employees. How did they get your son's information to call him, and why do you think they would call him since it is your vehicle. How were you treated aggressively? A proper timeline of events with the information you have as proof of liability and bad customer service is a must for review by corporate customer service.
I have done this. I posted a summary here. I
Emailed Jiffy Lube executives with addresses listed on this site. One responded with a response from the Jiffy Lube owner. I responded with more details. They emailed me they are requesting a more thorough investigation by the owner.
1 Jiffy Lube stated my son was the customer. No, he was never there. They had his information from a previous visit.
2 Jiffy Lube states 3 cameras showed no damage. No, they pulled the truck outside, around back to rotate the tires. No cameras. How and why move truck outside and not in the bay to rotate tires and have it for 30 minutes longer?
3 I was screamed at and shaking out side when the manager, Anthony, who said he was the owner came outside to address a broken window with 2 employees. I was cursed and called names. An employee fixed the window. My question was is this on camera?

Dec 3, 2018
The turn signal was broken, and an attempt to fix is evident by a panel removed and not completely put back properly. When lights are turned on using this handle, high beams are on and won't turn off because switch broken in turn handle. I sent them all this information.

Attachments

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You are supposed to start at Customer Service, give that a week, then start atbthe executuve level, one at a time leaving a week in between emails. If you haven’t followed that process- start over.

You can’t expect a response in one day- they need time to teview the problem and get information from their side.

This is the process you should follow. Sit back and wait for them to be able to contact the shop.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

You are supposed to start at Customer Service, give that a week, then start atbthe executuve level, one at a time leaving a week in between emails. If you haven’t followed that process- start over.

You can’t expect a response in one day- they need time to teview the problem and get information from their side.

This is the process you should follow. Sit back and wait for them to be able to contact the shop.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
I did!!!
Customer service denied claim. I did hear back in one day from executives and have many many emails. I have a paper trail.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I emailed today. Two of them. I emailed separate. One responded.
Yes I did read what you wrote. You said you wrote to two executives yesterday.

Our process is one at a time leaving a week in between each email. The reason for this is that if one says no - you move up to the higher executive to try and get that overturned. If you start at the top and get a no - no underling is going to go against the CEO or President. There is a method to our process and why consumer can often solve their own issues IF they follow the guidelines we give them.

You seem to have a legitimate case and we are trying to help you resolve it the way that works best. If after going through the entire email chain as we advise you don't get help, then our writers will take a look to see if they think they can do anymore for you. But they are going to need the entire email trail for each executive as we advise you to do it.

Yes I did read what you wrote. You said you wrote to two executives yesterday.

Our process is one at a time leaving a week in between each email. The reason for this is that if one says no - you move up to the higher executive to try and get that overturned. If you start at the top and get a no - no underling is going to go against the CEO or President. There is a method to our process and why consumer can often solve their own issues IF they follow the guidelines we give them.

You seem to have a legitimate case and we are trying to help you resolve it the way that works best. If after going through the entire email chain as we advise you don't get help, then our writers will take a look to see if they think they can do anymore for you. But they are going to need the entire email trail for each executive as we advise you to do it.
I received a call from the original jiffy lube rep who denied claim. They will pay damages after receiving a bill for work completed