Jet Airways uncertain future – holding tickets for summer travel.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 3, 2019
Hi ShivB,
Thanks for sharing your experience,
I m myself in a very similar situation : booked directly from Jetairways a Colombo - > mumbai - > Paris in August (7 people!) ; jetairways has canceled Colombo - > Mumbai, but not Mumbai - > Paris which is operated by AirFrance.
Please continue to share if you manage to find a solution...
I'll also tell you if I find some information...
Nicolas
Hi Ncnc976 - You might want to look into this a bit more. I'm not a travel professional but as I understand it if you don't fly the originating sector the remaining ticket gets voided. Someone with more knowledge on this forum may wish to clarify. Speak to Air France and ask them if your Mumbai - Paris sector will remain intact. As far as I can tell the Jet Airways website has gone dark. Check if you can even find your booking on their website. I cannot reach my booking at all. It's a terrible situation all round. I'll keep updating here and please keep us posted on how things unfold for you. Good luck!!

Apr 3, 2019
Contact KLM and tell us what they say
@Neil Maley - I contacted KLM several times today and their responses can be seen in my post of 1:09 pm today. They will not honor the KLM segments of tickets issued by Jet Airways and want me to obtain all answers to my questions from Jet Airways who have gone completely dark and are not reachable

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
@Neil Maley - I contacted KLM several times today and their responses can be seen in my post of 1:09 pm today. They will not honor the KLM segments of tickets issued by Jet Airways and want me to obtain all answers to my questions from Jet Airways who have gone completely dark and are not reachable
If KLM will not help you on a phone call, use our Company Contacts to appeal for their help. If you booked in January, KLM has been paid by Jet. Very glad that you have a KLM confirmation number, can you obtain the ticket number as well? The phone agents will have little knowledge of the Jet situation and are not going to be much help. But you had to start there. Now you can go after the executives so that somebody steps up and at least agrees to fly you to AMS and back. If KLM will not cooperate, your money and your trip are gone. Our Company Contacts are the best path towards some resolution. I sincerely hope that you are successful.

A credit card dispute enters into your issue because many CC issuers will help their customers when they've been wronged and cannot come to an agreement on a solution. If Jet has NOT paid KLM, for example ... this is not your fault and you're the one being harmed here. If your CC issuer is strong enough, they will offer you some protection.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It sounds like you are going to need to file a dispute with you cc company for the full value of the ticket. KLM isn’t honoring the flights based on the price you paid. And if you aren’t on the original outbound flight the rest of your flights are canceled too.

File a credit card dispute now. You have no ticket.

Apr 3, 2019
It sounds like you are going to need to file a dispute with you cc company for the full value of the ticket. KLM isn’t honoring the flights based on the price you paid. And if you aren’t on the original outbound flight the rest of your flights are canceled too.

File a credit card dispute now. You have no ticket.[/QUO
If KLM will not help you on a phone call, use our Company Contacts to appeal for their help. If you booked in January, KLM has been paid by Jet. Very glad that you have a KLM confirmation number, can you obtain the ticket number as well? The phone agents will have little knowledge of the Jet situation and are not going to be much help. But you had to start there. Now you can go after the executives so that somebody steps up and at least agrees to fly you to AMS and back. If KLM will not cooperate, your money and your trip are gone. Our Company Contacts are the best path towards some resolution. I sincerely hope that you are successful.

A credit card dispute enters into your issue because many CC issuers will help their customers when they've been wronged and cannot come to an agreement on a solution. If Jet has NOT paid KLM, for example ... this is not your fault and you're the one being harmed here. If your CC issuer is strong enough, they will offer you some protection.
Thank you. Our booking on KLM has a unique KLM booking code but the ticket numbers are ones allocated by Jet Airways. I'll pursue this with the credit card company.

Apr 3, 2019

File a credit card dispute now. You have no ticket.

Thank you. I agree a credit card dispute seems to be the only available option.

Apr 3, 2019
Hello everyone - some wonderful news to report!! Something incredibly unexpected and amazing happened today. I have been communicating with KLM via email, whatsapp and voice these past two days trying to figure things out with our ruined travel plans. Not at all sure how or why this happened, but today out of the blue KLM sent me two entirely new replacement tickets via email saying “Here are your tickets to India. ENJOY” Tickets are all the way from the US to India and back. This is truly unbelievable!! I checked the bookings online and the tickets are all good and so far everything checks out ok. My most sincere thanks to KLM for this phenomenal customer experience. To whoever in KLM that made this possible, a HUGE THANK YOU to you - you are awesome!! And huge thanks to everyone on this forum for the ongoing support, advice and input!!

Thankfully there’s now no need for card chargebacks and disputes and other such stuff either!!

Sep 19, 2015
ShivB I am very happy for you — and good work by KLM — this is such good news and KLM really stepped up and did something very positive.

perhaps you could message ncnc976 who has a similar situation with AF and give some advice.

Yay for KLM and for you.

Apr 3, 2019
ShivB I am very happy for you — and good work by KLM — this is such good news and KLM really stepped up and did something very positive.

perhaps you could message ncnc976 who has a similar situation with AF and give some advice.

Yay for KLM and for you.
Yes I will reach out to ncnc976. Their situation is probably a little more tenuous than mine since their first leg from Colombo to Mumbai is on Jet Airways and that flight has ben cancelled. Hopefully they will find a good solution too.

Sep 19, 2015
ShivB I know it is not the same but perhaps AF can offer a different routing on a sky team partner— but you clearly had a good way of communicating with KLM and must have been very polite and made KLM want to help you.

I am so happy for you as this Jet issue has caused so much stress to travelers.

Apr 3, 2019
ShivB I know it is not the same but perhaps AF can offer a different routing on a sky team partner— but you clearly had a good way of communicating with KLM and must have been very polite and made KLM want to help you.

Yes it's so important to be polite yet persistent. Even then, the outcome for me has been so far better than anything I could have imagined. No one in my circle of family and friends can believe my amazing luck with how this unfolded.

Apr 3, 2019
@ Ncnc976 - were you able to reach any of the Air France or Jet Airways contacts ? Please see my posts of earlier today - I was lucky enough to reach an unexpectedly great resolution by communicating with the KLM teams by whatsapp, email and phone calls both in the US and the Netherlands. Hopefully you will also be able to work things out sometime soon using a similar approach. Please keep us posted and good luck!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Hello everyone - some wonderful news to report!! Something incredibly unexpected and amazing happened today. I have been communicating with KLM via email, whatsapp and voice these past two days trying to figure things out with our ruined travel plans. Not at all sure how or why this happened, but today out of the blue KLM sent me two entirely new replacement tickets via email saying “Here are your tickets to India. ENJOY” Tickets are all the way from the US to India and back. This is truly unbelievable!! I checked the bookings online and the tickets are all good and so far everything checks out ok. My most sincere thanks to KLM for this phenomenal customer experience. To whoever in KLM that made this possible, a HUGE THANK YOU to you - you are awesome!! And huge thanks to everyone on this forum for the ongoing support, advice and input!!

Thankfully there’s now no need for card chargebacks and disputes and other such stuff either!!
OH
MY
GOD
I am flabbergasted! Yours is the best outcome I have seen in four years of this forum. I knew in my heart that KLM was the only entity that could help you, but I never expected generosity at this level. Please post on their FaceBook page and that Twitter thing. Don't post any details, just state that KLM did you a great service when Jet went down, and you think they're the best airline in the world, they saved your vacation, blah blah blah. You want everyone to know about this wonderful outcome. Bring a giant box of chocolates for the crew and make sure they ALL know why. Post again on your trip, post again when you get home. KLM deserves never-ending praise for this gesture. Soooooooooo happy for you!!

Apr 3, 2019
OH
MY
GOD
I am flabbergasted! Yours is the best outcome I have seen in four years of this forum. I knew in my heart that KLM was the only entity that could help you, but I never expected generosity at this level. Please post on their FaceBook page and that Twitter thing. Don't post any details, just state that KLM did you a great service when Jet went down, and you think they're the best airline in the world, they saved your vacation, blah blah blah. You want everyone to know about this wonderful outcome. Bring a giant box of chocolates for the crew and make sure they ALL know why. Post again on your trip, post again when you get home. KLM deserves never-ending praise for this gesture. Soooooooooo happy for you!!
Thank you so much!! I am in total agreement with all your suggestions and will be following through. Their gesture went way, way beyond anything I had anticipated and I was completely astounded when I received the tickets. I'll make sure KLM receives the praise they deserve for this generosity.