Jet Airways uncertain future – holding tickets for summer travel.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 3, 2019
Hi everyone - I'm having to go back to a question I had asked in my original post: what would happen to the KLM segments of our itinerary if Jet Airways went under. On closer examination of the email received from Jet Airways a short time ago, they are offering a refund only on the Jet Airways operated segments (AMS-INDIA and INDIA-AMS) but not on the US-AMS and AMS-US segments operated by KLM. I just checked and KLM now has our itinerary on the KLM website only for the US-AMS roundtrip segments but without the India segments.
a) Does this imply we can still fly as far as Amsterdam and back on this reservation?
b) If that's the case how will the refund component for the India segment be determined?
c) Would you suggest I get some more info from KLM before applying for the Jet Airways refund on part of the itinerary?

Although my expectations on getting ANY refund are extremely low, I'd appreciate any input to guide me through the next phase of this process. Thank you.

Sep 19, 2015
Hi everyone - I'm having to go back to a question I had asked in my original post: what would happen to the KLM segments of our itinerary if Jet Airways went under. On closer examination of the email received from Jet Airways a short time ago, they are offering a refund only on the Jet Airways operated segments (AMS-INDIA and INDIA-AMS) but not on the US-AMS and AMS-US segments operated by KLM. I just checked and KLM now has our itinerary on the KLM website only for the US-AMS roundtrip segments but without the India segments.
a) Does this imply we can still fly as far as Amsterdam and back on this reservation?
b) If that's the case how will the refund component for the India segment be determined?
c) Would you suggest I get some more info from KLM before applying for the Jet Airways refund on part of the itinerary?

Although my expectations on getting ANY refund are extremely low, I'd appreciate any input to guide me through the next phase of this process. Thank you.
SHivB I have heard that the tickets on Jet Airways stock have been honored but this is for current flights.

The big concern is that no one will accept a ticket on Jet Airways stock in July because they (the other airline) will not get paid for it especially if formal bankruptcy is declared by then. Most people have cancelled the entire ticket, as they wanted to fly US to India (as an example) and not be stranded in the middle.

What I see as a problem -- you apply for a refund from Jet -- but it takes months to find out whether you will get a refund. By then the credit card may be difficult because you waited so long after being formally notified that your trip has been cancelled.

Have you tried to reach out to KLM?

Apr 3, 2019
SHivB I have heard that the tickets on Jet Airways stock have been honored but this is for current flights.

The big concern is that no one will accept a ticket on Jet Airways stock in July because they (the other airline) will not get paid for it especially if formal bankruptcy is declared by then. Most people have cancelled the entire ticket, as they wanted to fly US to India (as an example) and not be stranded in the middle.

What I see as a problem -- you apply for a refund from Jet -- but it takes months to find out whether you will get a refund. By then the credit card may be difficult because you waited so long after being formally notified that your trip has been cancelled.

Have you tried to reach out to KLM?
I have emailed KLM to maintain a paper trail and will reach out to them over the phone tomorrow am.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have emailed KLM to maintain a paper trail and will reach out to them over the phone tomorrow am.
As I mentioned earlier, KLM is really your only hope. Nobody holding tix on Jet will get a refund ... possibly pennies on the dollar in a few years after all the legal machinations. It's time to scramble to see if you can salvage the trip at all. I'd call KLM immediately to see if those legs can be turned into something positive. I'm so sorry this is happening to so many good people.

Sep 19, 2015
That is a good strategy for the next few days. I do not think KLM/Jet had a true joint venture -- just a cooperation agreement.

KLM and Air France have been helping stranded flyers, but the concern is what happens in the future.

Keep us updated.

Sep 19, 2015
Sorry, I did miss the "ticketed with Jet".

(But please be advised Delta answers KLM and AF call in the U.S.)
Yes the jet ticketing is the problem — I know Delta handles many customer service issues for AF and KLM in the US but I think the OP has to contact KLM through their numbers and/or email even if it rebounds back to Delta. Complicated issue. It was actually surprising that Delta only recently stopped booking on Jet.

Apr 3, 2019
Appreciate all the valuable input from this forum. Here's my current situation: My booking on the Jet Airways website is no longer accessible and Jet is no longer reachable. Their automated email of yesterday provided a link to apply for refund only for the Jet Airways operated India sector but not for the KLM operated sector. KLM continues to hold our booking on the KLM website under a KLM booking code. My several contacts with them by email (response is awaited) three whatsapp message exchanges and a phone call today have advised me the same: contact Jet Airways about this issue. The phone agent initially confirmed repeatedly to me that the US-AMS-US sectors on KLM were intact and would be honored but I would have to figure out some travel options for the India travel sectors. When advised that whatsapp messages from KLM indicated otherwise, she spoke with a supervisor and retracted her earlier statement. With Jet Airways wanting me to apply for a refund on part of the booking, KLM asking me to contact Jet Airways who are not reachable , I'd appreciate any advice on how to approach this issue. Also how would a credit card dispute fit in with this completely messy scenario? Thanks again for your insights.

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@ShivB Time to contact your credit card company. The airline is bankrupt and no longer flying.

Also time to figure out another way to get to India or cancel your plans. Good Luck!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Apr 18, 2019
Hi ShivB,
Thanks for sharing your experience,
I m myself in a very similar situation : booked directly from Jetairways a Colombo - > mumbai - > Paris in August (7 people!) ; jetairways has canceled Colombo - > Mumbai, but not Mumbai - > Paris which is operated by AirFrance.
Please continue to share if you manage to find a solution...
I'll also tell you if I find some information...
Nicolas