Island Trader

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 8, 2021
Company you have a question or a comment about: Vacations To Go or Island Trader Vacations

The company is Island Trader Vacations. I told them sometime ago I wanted out, repeatedly when I talked to their customer service reps. However they are now saying I owe them dues back to 2016.

What's your desired resolution? I just want away from them. Since I hadn't heard from them in over 3 years I thought I was away from them, But now they say I owe $1100.00. I thought initially I could use their services but on the times I tried there was no benefit and found cheaper services on my own.

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 1100

Does anyone have any suggestions to be able to get away from them or any suggestions to get out of their contract and away from the company once and for all?

RLB

May 28, 2019
I did a quick look up on Island Trader Vacations. It was hard for me to find info but it appears that when you join, they have paperwork where the buyer agrees to pay an annual membership fee and that you are contracting with a company called Travel Services. To cancel the membership, there is a cancellation fee and, the member signs some sort of cancellation agreement and brings the account up to date.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I did a quick look up on Island Trader Vacations. It was hard for me to find info but it appears that when you join, they have paperwork where the buyer agrees to pay an annual membership fee and that you are contracting with a company called Travel Services. To cancel the membership, there is a cancellation fee and, the member signs some sort of cancellation agreement and brings the account up to date.
This is very good information for you. They're not going to cancel just because you "want out". Have a look at your original paperwork and see if you can figure out how to cancel the membership. Is there any connection to Vacations To Go?

Reactions: Patina and VoR61