Island Trader Vacations- travel services refuses to cancel our membership

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 9, 2020
This travel service continues to try and persuade us to continue our membership even though I have repeatedly requested since 2012 that they cancel/terminate our membership. We had to move back to our home area to care for elderly parents so travel is not possible. Now 8 years later, they are sending overdue notices for dues for 2017-2020. We have never used the service and they refuse to cancel the membership.

Jul 13, 2016
Is this some kind of so- called Travel Club? If you signed a contract, then legally they can send you to collections for your dues. You have to read the terms and conditions to see if they allow cancelation.

Reactions: jsn55
Jul 13, 2020

This particular company as it is bleeding money had started a new way to get some money flowing . They are going back and trying to collect on past due membership fees. They are trying both valid and some non valid owed monies. I think many people will pay these collection notices even if they really owe nothing.
Do you have any proof you canceled?

Reactions: VoR61

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
This travel service continues to try and persuade us to continue our membership even though I have repeatedly requested since 2012 that they cancel/terminate our membership. We had to move back to our home area to care for elderly parents so travel is not possible. Now 8 years later, they are sending overdue notices for dues for 2017-2020. We have never used the service and they refuse to cancel the membership.
From Island Trader Vacations CLUB website:

Q: I need to cancel my membership. Do I contact Travel Services to do this?

A: You would need to contact the office where you purchased your membership (the distributor). Travel Services does not receive any monies paid to the distributor to open a membership, therefore, we can’t cancel your membership.

If you are asking Island Trader Vacations Club to cancel your membership, it is clear that they cannot. You need to go back to the place where you purchased your membership.