Is SkyLuxTravel a real company?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 29, 2018
I am looking to book a trip for 3 adults and two children over the Christmas holiday school break from Sacramento/San Francisco to Sydney Australia. I was given a quote from Sky Lux for Premium Economy seats. Are they a legitimate company? Are they ARC affiliated? Their price is $2096 per person during peak travel dates.

Jul 27, 2016
These folks apparently, at least in part, buy frequent flier miles and then book tickets with them. This is a violation of the FF programs' terms and conditions, so, if your ticket is booked this way, you risk the airline finding out about it and cancelling the tickets, potentially leaving you stranded.

Mar 17, 2015
Not sure about SkyLux Travel, is this an online travel agent? If so, I recommend just booking on your own through the airlines. It seems like those are a good price, a quick check of google flights showed flights from San Francisco to Sydney in premium economy at about 2,600 per person. I do not think it will be worth it in the end to save the bit of money and not have dealings directly with the airline.

Jul 13, 2016
Personally, I wouldn't risk my Christmas holidays by using this company. You are trying to get to Australia during the busiest time of the year (Christmas and their summer holidays). If something happens, you will not find many seats left for last minute travel. And the prices will be thousands of dollars per ticket.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
If you want to fly business class, United just popped up a sale for travel to Sydney.

NEWSFLASH™ - VIP Edition
From the Travelzoo NewsdeskBusiness-Class Fare Sale to Australia on United AirlinesBy Chris Vassil

United Airlines just launched a rare sale on its premium-cabin fares from Boston to Sydney, Australia, that saves up to $3300 on competing airlines.
As of this afternoon, we're finding prices from $4571 per person (roundtrip) with this promotion -- other airlines charge up to $7900 per person (roundtrip).
What you need to know:
  • To get these sale fares, two people must fly together
  • Flights connect in Los Angeles
  • The long-haul flights from Los Angeles to Sydney -- on Polaris Business Class -- feature flat-bed seating with Saks Fifth Avenue bedding and chef-prepared meals and drinks
  • Available for select departures June 12 - Sept. 4
This sale ends June 18.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Buy directly from an airline, or use a real travel agent. The internet booking services are useless, and sometimes worse than useless. Just imagine your group standing at the checkin counter and being denied boarding, having to spend thousands of dollars for new tix. Not a pretty picture. Flying is bad enough these days without trying to buy the cheapest tix from some internet website.

Oct 30, 2015
North Laurasia
I agree with jsn55 and others who say to book directly with the airline. We traveled to Australia on Virgin Airlines in 2013. From what I could see, there are TWO Virgin airlines: one was strictly US and the other was strictly Australia. We had a dreadful experience on the Virgin US flights. We boarded in Seattle and landed in LAX and vice versa and the seats on the plane did not go back, the seats were small, smelly, and despite the fact that the flight (on our return) apparently originated in LAX, the bathrooms hadn't been serviced. Service-what there was of it-was lackluster.
HOWEVER. Once we boarded the Virgin Australia in LAX (non stop to Sydney) we couldn't have been happier. They fed you. They handed out blankets and pillows. The service was top notch.
We booked direct from Virgin.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Just for the record, there were three "Virgin airlines". V America, V Atlantic and V Australia. They were all separate companies. V America is just finishing up a merger with Alaska Air, so V Atlantic and V Australia are still viable. I believe that they finally "partnered" with each other to allow people to use their miles on one to book on the other. V America had a splendid reputation and I am interested to see how this merger with Alaska plays out. V Atlantic has always been a stellar experience, I've flown them for years.