iPhone 6 battery issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 10, 2015
On Thu, Dec 29, 2016 at 8:53 PM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
Here you go ,a lot of the sharing was done via phone with the apple tech.
I do get your newsletter and send donations as your site has made a world of difference to so many of us ! My wife and I travel extensively for business, I use your rental car insurance!I am dependent on my phone for my resound hearing aids they have an issue with no resolution, i asked him to email the facts so far i have heard nothing.
: Cameron Vault<cvault@apple.com>
Date: Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 8:22 PM
Subject:

https://gigafiles.apple.com/R503d6370b023e045ca0da15162e1be67/en_US/
AppleCare Case 100094839536

http://fortune.com/2016/12/27/apple-iphone-6-battery-proble

Apple still hasn’t fixed its iPhone battery problem

From BGR, a Flipboard magazine by BGR

If you’re using an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6s right now, you may be running into unexpected battery problems. The phone may turn off unexpectedly even…

Read it on Flipboard

Re: Fyi 12-24-2016 Phone crashed at 28%

Cameron Vault
Dec 26 (3 days ago)

to me

Phone Number: : 1-877-388-0879 ext. 34474

On Dec 26, 2016, at 9:40 AM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

ok what number

Regards,

Jeff Smith
Benefits Counselor
O REMOVED BY MODERATOR
F REMOVED BY MODERATOR

On Mon, Dec 26, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Cameron Vault <cvault@apple.com> wrote:
Sure. I am available now if you want to give me a call.

> On Dec 26, 2016, at 9:28 AM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm available all day today, it would be better I call you over VoIP so you can have full access to this phone?
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff Smith
>
> Office REMOVED BY MODERATOR
> Fax REMOVED BY MODERATOR
>
>
>> On Dec 26, 2016, at 12:23 PM, Cameron Vault <cvault@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Jeff
>>
>> Let me know the best time to call you and we can continue working on your issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cameron
>>> On Dec 24, 2016, at 6:11 PM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> At 8:23 P.M. same scenario using email?
>>> I consider this phone to be a brick!
>>> Please advise
>>> Jeff Smith

>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> D REMOVED BY MODERATOR
>>> F. REMOVED BY MODERATOR
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Jeffrey Smith
>>> Benefits Counselor
>>> D.REMOVED BY MODERATOR
>>> F. REMOVED BY MODERATOR
>>>
>>>> On Dec 23, 2016, at 6:31 PM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Plugged it into charger and it is back to 53%.
>>>> Any thoughts?
>>>> Did you get the files.
>>>> We will need to get to the bottom of this, or I will buy a new Nexus phone on Monday!
>>>> I have been a loyal Apple customer since my first Mac SE IN 1984.
Cameron Vault
Dec 26 (3 days ago)

to me

> On Dec 26, 2016, at 9:28 AM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm available all day today, it would be better I call you over VoIP so you can have full access to this phone?
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff Smith

> Office REMOVED BY MODERATOR
> Fax REMOVED BY MODERATOR
>
>
>> On Dec 26, 2016, at 12:23 PM, Cameron Vault <cvault@apple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Jeff
>>
>> Let me know the best time to call you and we can continue working on your issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cameron
>>> On Dec 24, 2016, at 6:11 PM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> At 8:23 P.M. same scenario using email?
>>> I consider this phone to be a brick!
>>> Please advise

On Dec 26, 2016, at 9:28 AM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm available all day today, it would be better I call you over VoIP so you can have full access to this phone?

Regards,

Jeff Smith

Office REMOVED BY MODERATOR
Fax REMOVED BY MODERATOR

On Dec 26, 2016, at 12:23 PM, Cameron Vault <cvault@apple.com> wrote:

Hello Jeff

Let me know the best time to call you and we can continue working on your issue.

Thanks,
Cameron
On Dec 24, 2016, at 6:11 PM, Jeff Smith <xxxxxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

At 8:23 P.M. same scenario using email?
I consider this phone to be a brick!
Please advise
Jeff Smith

>>> D. REMOVED BY MODERATOR
>>> F.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Jeff, I can't figure all this out, even from the first sentence. Could you please make a list of the facts of your problem in chronological order and what you're seeking so we can assist you?

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
I'm certain our poster has a serious problem but I have no idea what it is. Can you tell us what the problem is and how we can help.

Short, sweet and to the point if you could summarize what is happening. It's great that I ou have an email chain of your attempts to fix your our problem.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
Jeff, I can't figure all this out, even from the first sentence. Could you please make a list of the facts of your problem in chronological order and what you're seeking so we can assist you?
I'm gonna give it a stab. Apparently @smitty has an iPhone 6 or 6s with a battery problem. His phone controls his hearing aids so an even bigger problem to have to be plugged in all the time. He's been trying to communicate with Apple about the issue but has not been able to get resolution at this time.

@smitty I would suggest writing a concise summary to the primary contact at Apple. Use bullet points if you can. You may also post the summary here and we could help with brevity and organizing things. One thing to remember, company contacts get these communications on a regular basis so it's needs to be easily understood so that the problem can more easily be fixed.

Please use the company contacts located at the link below.
http://elliott.org/company-contacts/apple/

Start with the primary contact, wait a week, then go to the next, rinse and repeat as necessary. Do NOT contact everyone at once and do NOT start at the top. If you get a no from the top, you have no one else to appeal to. If you get to the top and still get no resolution, please come back and submit a "Help" claim and in the form, mention that you have tried to contact all the contacts already and have the backup, and that you were directed there from the forum. I've posted the link for the "Help" claim below.
http://elliott.org/help/

Good luck!

Oct 10, 2015
Contacted apple support on December 13 due to battery issue on iPhone 6
Phone shuts down at 28% battery remaining or goes from 80% to 30% in 30 minutes.
Cameron at Apple support has reached out to me everyday. We have spent numerous diagnostic hours to no avail. We
He has reset my phone to new thru iTunes and has run diagnostics which he sent along to Apple.
After three weeks he called me yesterday and told me Apple does have a problem with no solution. My wife has the identical phone with no issues.
My phone has an app that controls my hearing aids, when my phone crashes I am in trouble.
I was told by Cameron "keep a charger handy at all times to get the phone working again.
Fortune magazine and BGR have posted this issue recently.
Apple contacts on your site have not responded.
Thank you
Jeff

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
As a stop gap method and a bit of a test.... why don't you connect your "ears" to your wife's iPhone and see if it really IS different than your iPhone. So yes I am suggesting to temporarily switch phones and see if you wife's can at least keep your hearing working while you continue working with Apple.

Curious to see if your wife's phone will continue to function better than yours.

Oct 10, 2015
Yes I have, it works fine! I have not done the 10.2 update even though apple tech said "not to worry". Unfortunately when I restored the phone from iTunes backup all my pictures are missing however most are in Google photos.
Thank you and Happy New Year

Nov 14, 2016
Smitty, is your phone new? Under warranty? How old is it?

If it is not under warranty I am sure a local shop in your area can replace the battery. After a while old batteries can make a phone behave oddly. Mine was shutting down and when I turned it on it would say 45% battery left. So I recently had mine replaced for $50 and it works fine.

If you have already had the battery replaced please let us know.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Until this is resolved I would continue to use your wife's iPhone. It should also be updated to keep functioning properly.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm wondering if the hearing aid app is draining the battery or somehow confusing the meter. Have you tested your phone to see how long your hearing aids work even after the phone says the battery is done? What an annoying situation ... every possible 'fix' seems like a big ordeal when you use your phone to 'hear with'.

Feb 2, 2015
Hi everyone - I clicked on this because I have been having the same issue with my iPhone battery for about a month now. It suddenly drains when no apps are open. I read countless articles online and tried multiple fixes. I do not utilize an app for hearing aids, so I do not think it's related to that.

@smitty do you utilize a Microsoft Exchange account on your phone? I have my work Exchange account on my personal iPhone. I was syncing the contacts, email and calendar. One article suggested disconnecting the Exchange calendar from your iPhone. The person who wrote the article said it worked for them. I just did this recently so I can't definitively confirm it, but this fix seems to work. My Exchange mail and contacts are still set to sync, and I also adjusted the settings to Fetch instead of Push. If you're not sure of the exact steps, let me know and I'll type it out. Happy to help!

Oct 10, 2015
I'm wondering if the hearing aid app is draining the battery or somehow confusing the meter. Have you tested your phone to see how long your hearing aids work even after the phone says the battery is done? What an annoying situation ... every possible 'fix' seems like a big ordeal when you use your phone to 'hear with'.
Have switched to the other iphone6 using same apps etc. No drain, Apple has been useless, they have a recall on some 6s however you go to Apple store for replacement battery with appointment and they don't have any batteries? Waisting everybody's time and don't care about my issue, never use to be like this. Consumers Reports is now involved

Jan 18, 2016
They don't care about iphone6 with the SAME issue even if you bought Apple Care. Sad a loyal fanboy since 1984
I don't know what you mean by "the SAME issue". I had AppleCare and was experiencing the battery problem. They replaced the whole phone. Maybe Apple Canada is different? From one fanboy to another.

Sep 5, 2016
Does he want a new phone, a new battery, or what ?? I got a headache from trying to follow this posting.

Oct 10, 2015
I don't know what you mean by "the SAME issue". I had AppleCare and was experiencing the battery problem. They replaced the whole phone. Maybe Apple Canada is different? From one fanboy to another.
They say the 6s replacement no problem however people are coming into the Apple store are being turned away with replacement appointment as there is no stock, what a waste of time and I have two 6 not s and I have been told by Apple Care when they have a fix they would
Let know? Huh so when will that be .
Elliott can you help PLEASE

Oct 10, 2015
They say the 6s replacement no problem however people are coming into the Apple store are being turned away with replacement appointment as there is no stock, what a waste of time and I have two 6 not s and I have been told by Apple Care when they have a fix they would
Let know? Huh so when will that be .
Elliott can you help PLEASE
ok
This started on 12 20 2016
Contacted applecare and spoke with Cameron Vault (AppleCare Case 100094839536)
Restored phone to new without adding any apps and the battery and crashing on the phone remained the same, worked with him for a month without any solution.
Told him about the Forbes article and BGR, admitting they have a problem without a solution.
He recommended I carry a charger and a battery pack with me at all times. My wifes identical phone has no issues however, I did not do the 10.2 software update. I rely on ios for my hearing aids so we have switched phones. I still have to pay my ATT bill without a reliable top of the line phone. Nothing makes sense to me, if my hearing aids did not rely on ios I would buy a new Pixel. This is a major problem for me, all I want is a phone that works. My original iphone(2007) and my iphone5 never had this problem.
I have contacted Apple with your contacts on your site with no response.
Can you help Please.
Smitty

Nov 14, 2016
Smitty, I asked these questions on 12/31 and I don't see where you have answered them. Without this information I don't believe we can assist further.

Is your phone new? Under warranty? How old is it?

Have you had the battery replaced (again, there are many many many shops across the US that performs this service and will run you about $50)? If not, why? If you're refusing to have it replaced, why?

Oct 10, 2015
Smitty, I asked these questions on 12/31 and I don't see where you have answered them. Without this information I don't believe we can assist further.

Is your phone new? Under warranty? How old is it?

Have you had the battery replaced (again, there are many many many shops across the US that performs this service and will run you about $50)? If not, why? If you're refusing to have it replaced, why?
Phone is 16 months old, I've never replaced a battery, from what I've read it is a software and battery issue. Once someone other than Apple opens the phone all issues resort back to me! Why does my wife's exact phone and purchase date and used almost identically have no issues?Thanks
Smitty