Invitation Homes and FirstKey Homes

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 21, 2019
Florida
I lived in a property for 3 years that was owned by Waypoint/ Invitation Homes. A month or 2 before my lease ended the property was sold to another company FirstKey Homes. FirstKey Homes is trying to charge me for things I'm not responsible for. All I need is a copy of the maintenance requests during my tenancy at Waypoint/ Invitation Homes and a copy of the rent ledger showing that my rent was paid on time during my tenancy.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What are you asking for from us? Do you have a copy of the written agreement you had with the first company? Does it state that the inclusions are only valid as long as the Waypoint is the management company?

Have you contacted Waypoint?

If your lease ended with Invitation Homes and a new management company comes in and is giving you a new lease with different inclusions you probably don’t have a case. Management companies come and go with apartment rentals and a new company may come in offering to increase revenue for the apartment company and this is how they do it.

Here are contacts for Invitation Homes:

https://lease.invitationhomes.com/contact

Feb 21, 2019
Florida
I would like help in obtaining a copy of the previous maintenance records from either Invitation Homes or FirstKey Homes. One of the companies should have a record of previous maintenance records, right??

I have contacted Invitation Homes and FirstKey Homes and both companies keep sending me back to the other company or another department.

Feb 21, 2019
Florida
The issue is FirstKey Homes is trying to charge me over $3000 for repairs to the HVAC system and floors that Waypoint/ Invitation Homes admitted that they were responsible for.

I explained to T'Erica Denning from FirstKey Homes that Waypoint/ Invitation Homes determined that I was not at fault for the problems with the HVAC/ floors therefore I was not held financially responsible for the repairs. Ms. T'Erica asked me if I had proof of the problems with the HVAC/ floor and I explained to her that there were multiple calls and requests to the maintenance department with Waypoint/ Invitation Homes regarding issues with the HVAC system. Ms. T'Erica stated that if I could get the maintenance records showing that there was an ongoing problem with the HVAC/ floor then I would not be charged for the repairs.