Interjet Airlines

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 4, 2021
Had flight booked via Interjet Airlines - Dec 5th cancelled.
Got following message - cannot not find any posted credit to my credit card
Please advise

Queremos que puedas viajar otra vez, cuando tu quieras.​
Tu experiencia de viaje es importante para nosotros. Debido a la cancelación de la clave de reservación L7IVSF, procederemos con el reembolso de tu viaje.​

smd

Mar 14, 2018
Interjet hasn't flown since December and hadn't paid employees for months before that. They officially filed for bankruptcy last week. You are a creditor in the bankruptcy so they can't refund you without the court's permission.

Given their financial issues, I don't think it's likely that you will ever get your refund. Even if you do, it will likely take a while.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Interjet ceased flight operations Dec 11, 2020. Interjet filed for bankruptcy in Mexico on April 26, 2021; they are attempting to reorganize. If they do reorganize your likelihood of any credit or recovery will be small (but not necessarily zero). It will depend on the terms of reorganization in the country where you reside. You are an unsecured creditor in the bankruptcy proceedings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comicman and VoR61

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
Had flight booked via Interjet Airlines - Dec 5th cancelled.
Got following message - cannot not find any posted credit to my credit card
Please advise

Do you speak Spanish or have access to someone who does who can help you with their website? I speak Spanish—this says: “We want you to be able to travel again, whenever you want. Your travel experience is important to us. Due to the cancellation of the reservation [XXXXXX] we will proceed with a refund for your trip.” The link below says, “Start the process.”

EDIT: @weihlac is right—you may get put on a list to eventually get a refund or a flight credit. You may get nothing, but it seems there is a process in place to get the ball rolling.

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
I went to the form you linked:

1E4CBCD5-5E11-4603-9C22-58EA8A78A183.jpeg
This says: “Request for Attention; We are in the process of giving you the solution you need, but first we need your assistance by filling in the following information.”

B1FD2037-E410-4862-AA5C-4BF549B6F7DF.jpeg
1. First Name (it says “applicant name;” I assume that means the purchaser of the ticket)
2. Last Name
3. Telephone Number
4. Email
5. By what manner did you make your purchase?
—Agency
—obvious

Last edited:

kenish

Sep 1, 2015
KSNA
Interjet flew 66 Airbus A320's and were the only airline in the Americas flying the Sukhoi SSJ-100 (Russian). The SSJ's had many maintenance problems and parts were scarce. Interjet parked the 22 SSJ in 2018 and planned to phase them out. When Covid hit, lessors reposessed the Airbuses, and Interjet had to bring SSJ's out of storage. They got 7 flying by taking parts off other planes, but as of a few months ago were only able to keep 4 flying. Also, pilots qualified in the SSJ are getting jobs elsewhere. Interjet has a huge sum of unpaid taxes and my understanding is Mexican law prohibits cash infusions from outside investors until the taxes are paid (which creates a stalemate).

I recommend going for a refund...if I got a credit I would *not* fly in a problematic Russian aircraft that was stored, then returned to the air by using parts from other planes and flown by inexperienced pilots. (I fly a 2-seat Cessna so I'm not a fearful flyer by any means).

Michelle Couch-Friedman

Administrator
Staff Member
Executive Director
Sep 19, 2015
Your credit card company may be able to help you in this case. The Fair Credit Billing Act allows for chargebacks in cases where the goods or services were not delivered as promised. You may need to push the issue with your credit card company since we often see the banks hang onto the 60-days-after -expected-date-of-service timeframe limitation for a chargeback. But keep in mind, your bank always has the option to protect you and we've seen credit card companies reverse transactions up to a year after the original charge when the circumstances were extenuating (as in a pandemic and a bankruptcy situation). Here's further information: https://www.elliott.org/answers/get-refund-bankrupt-airline/.

May 4, 2021
Your credit card company may be able to help you in this case. The Fair Credit Billing Act allows for chargebacks in cases where the goods or services were not delivered as promised. You may need to push the issue with your credit card company since we often see the banks hang onto the 60-days-after -expected-date-of-service timeframe limitation for a chargeback. But keep in mind, your bank always has the option to protect you and we've seen credit card companies reverse transactions up to a year after the original charge when the circumstances were extenuating (as in a pandemic and a bankruptcy situation). Here's further information: https://www.elliott.org/answers/get-refund-bankrupt-airline/.
Thank you

May 4, 2021
I went to the form you linked:

View attachment 4265
This says: “Request for Attention; We are in the process of giving you the solution you need, but first we need your assistance by filling in the following information.”

View attachment 4266
1. First Name (it says “applicant name;” I assume that means the purchaser of the ticket)
2. Last Name
3. Telephone Number
4. Email
5. By what manner did you make your purchase?
—Agency
—obvious
Thank you...I did fill out that form

May 4, 2021
I just called my Credit Card Company - in Canada - and they advised I would need a notficiation from Interjet that they were bankrupt before I could dispute charges and possibly get refund. BUT how do I get letter?

Last edited:

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
I just called my Credit Card Company - in Canada - and they advised I would need a notficiation from Interjet that they were bankrupt before I could dispute charges and possibly get refund. BUT how do I get letter?
I don't think you're going to convince a bankrupt company who hasn't been paying its employees for a year to write you a letter saying that they are bankrupt. I know I'm using logic here, which banks typically don't employ, but could you ask them if other proof would be sufficient? It's all over the news.

Bankruptcy filings in Mexico aren't public like they are in the US. This comes from a corporate credit firm. Interjet will ultimately file for bankruptcy protection in the US, and the filing will be public. You would be able to download the entire petition and submit it to your bank at that point.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
Are you sure you need the letter? This seems like a pretty standard goods/services not received dispute.

I'd suggest calling your credit card company again without mentioning bankruptcy. Just tell them:

1) I purchased a flight from Interjet for (date of flight)​
2) Interjet cancelled the flight on Dec 5​
3) Interjet promised a refund in December but I have not yet received it.​

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
Interjet flew 66 Airbus A320's and were the only airline in the Americas flying the Sukhoi SSJ-100 (Russian). The SSJ's had many maintenance problems and parts were scarce. Interjet parked the 22 SSJ in 2018 and planned to phase them out. When Covid hit, lessors reposessed the Airbuses, and Interjet had to bring SSJ's out of storage. They got 7 flying by taking parts off other planes, but as of a few months ago were only able to keep 4 flying. Also, pilots qualified in the SSJ are getting jobs elsewhere. Interjet has a huge sum of unpaid taxes and my understanding is Mexican law prohibits cash infusions from outside investors until the taxes are paid (which creates a stalemate).

I recommend going for a refund...if I got a credit I would *not* fly in a problematic Russian aircraft that was stored, then returned to the air by using parts from other planes and flown by inexperienced pilots. (I fly a 2-seat Cessna so I'm not a fearful flyer by any means).
lol...don't worry...Cuba is going to buy them!

• Haha
Reactions: krisseye and jsn55
May 4, 2021
I don't think you're going to convince a bankrupt company who hasn't been paying its employees for a year to write you a letter saying that they are bankrupt. I know I'm using logic here, which banks typically don't employ, but could you ask them if other proof would be sufficient? It's all over the news.

Bankruptcy filings in Mexico aren't public like they are in the US. This comes from a corporate credit firm. Interjet will ultimately file for bankruptcy protection in the US, and the filing will be public. You would be able to download the entire petition and submit it to your bank at that point.
Can try...said right at end.... This week, the Extraordinary General Assembly of Interjet shareholders agreed to take the company into commercial competition, and that work begin for the airline's rescue.