• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 27, 2018
Our insane Christmas Story with Frontier Airlines. Plane #1: boarded at 1p.m. (on time) Christmas Day as husband needs to work the next day. We were on the tarmac for 30 min because "a door wasn't sealing" then they get it and we take off. Everyone gets lightheaded and they announce they have to land because the plane wont depressurize. My poor daughter got sick, babies crying and I was holding the vomit bag. We land at 3 p.m. Frontier has agents from different airlines come to our gate to help. We are told we would have an update at 5 p.m. Update at 5p.m....plane #1 can not be fixed today. A new plane will be at the DFW airport at 1130 p.m. but we can't leave because they are not reprinting boarding passes and tsa wont let you back through with a boarding pass set for a flight at 1p.m. #FrontierArilines does not have a kiosk or a representative on location at DFW. We are told to call the hotline by the agents from other airlines. The hotline that then tells us to talk to a representative that doesn't exist. Everyone gives the phone with the hotline agent to the agent from a different flight who then confirms that there is not a Frontier agent in Dallas Fort Worth Airport. We are instructed to talk to the ones at the Denver International Airport. After being given dinner vouchers we are told the new plane is delayed until 1 a.m. Everyone tries to get the kids to sleep. Plane #2: arrives at 1 a.m., everyone cheers, we board and as we are on the tarmac, the pilot says that the plane needs oil. When the mechanic gets there to add oil, he discovers a leak because the pilot announces that the plane has a leak, so we deboarded. We call customer service and they confirm with supervisors that we will have hotel vouchers when we land in Denver. This was told to 20+ people who called customer service while waiting for plane #3. Everyone has missed rides to final destinations, hotel reservations were canceled because they missed check-in. Plane 3: Arrives and boarding is at 2 a.m., 13 hours after our ORIGINAL FLIGHT. But we made it! Upon getting off the flight we ask the frontier employee at the frontier counter. She calls the #FrontierAirlines hotline and asks what kind of vouchers we need. We say "hotel. We were told hotel vouchers would be given and we have phone recordings of conversations where we were told we will have vouchers." She tells us "they have hotel vouchers waiting at ticketing" Go there, 300 people in line! The computers went down, noone was at the desks to check in guests for a 5:30 a.m. flight. It is now 345 a.m. We stand in additional services line like we were told. Finally 2 people show up and start checking people in. The line goes all the way around the corner and to security check in. We explain the situation to the "supervisor" named Kathy. Kathy tells us "go to the additional services counter and see Benjamin. Let him know he will be handling this for everyone on the flight 129 from Dallas DFW to Denver DIA. We go and as he is trying to figure out, asking kathy who just tells him "figure it out" he begins to cry. Then sent to talk to another agent. She tells us "since our end destination was Denver, we cannot be given hotel vouchers". We inform her "the lady at the counter when we got off the plane told us vouchers were here and to come here by door 601 to get them." She calls her and the lady tells her "I didnt understand that they wanted hotel vouchers." We tell her exactly what was said and she says "yea. I believe you, that lady lies A LOT!" So we call customer service. Again. They tell us the same thing, "they have hotel vouchers for us." So we hand the phone to the agent at the kiosk, she begins yelling in the phone "have you finished your training?! You CAN NOT promise them that! Not over the phone, email or text! I dare you! Give them vouchers on their reservation and put your name by it." Agent gives back phone, we talk to a supervisor who says that "the agent at DIA needs to call an agent at DFW in order for vouchers to be given." She says "the supervisor is lying. There isn't an agent at DFW." Like yea. We know....There are only 5 agents and roughly 350 people now waiting to check in bags for their flights. And the supervisor Kathy still wants nothing to do with us. She keeps Passing us to someone else and when they ask for help she just says "figure it out". So we are then told, we have $200 in flight vouchers and $10 breakfast vouchers. No hotel. After lots of yelling and calling, the supervisor at DIA still doesn't want to talk to us and no vouchers are given. All the other 350+ people that are trying to check in are starting to yell and security is called. There are only 5 agents still. Supervisor Kathy finally tells us, "once we get these people to their flights I will personally give you anything you want. Hotel, breakfast, or car vouchers. You just have to wait." We wait but at 6 a.m. she is still refusing to abide by her word. This is absurd. Everyone on that flight missed rides, hotels were canceled because check in times were missed, and even connections were missed. And the customer service and supervisor Kathy all lied about hotel vouchers. It is around 6 a.m. that we inform Kathy that we are going to take this to everyone we can. This fight isn't over.

Dec 27, 2018
What would you like from us?
Anything. Help getting the safety of the planes recognized and showing the miscommunication between the agent at the airport and the one working with their phone call service. My husband was told by 6 different customer service representatives that we would have hotel vouchers but the agent at the airport said we would not recieve them. Then the supervisor said she would give us them if we waited for 3 hours more. And then Plane 1, even with the door not registering as closed was airborne and made us all sick! Plane 2 flew in from Vegas before the leak was found! It is just a nightmare all around.

Sep 19, 2015
Ok I am not understanding this --- there are no agent from Frontier at Dallas Fort Worth even though the airline has flights from the airport? Is there only one flight per day and those people were contract workers?

If you live in Denver area and that was your end destination and not a connecting city why would you even fight about a hotel voucher versus going home? Am I not understanding this?

Dec 27, 2018
So there are I believe 2 flights a day from Dallas to Denver. They have contracted agents that help as needed. We live in the western slope. So to get home we need to drive through the pass. It is covered in snow or black ice at night and not safe to drive if you are tired. Most people had this issue as well. We had a ride to our car set up but missed them and had to get an uber at 530 a.m. just to get our car. We napped in our car and waited for the sun to melt some snow so we could make the drive safely.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
Frontier is a low cost airline and as such does not have a fleet of planes when something happens. I'm not familiar enough with aircraft but the fact that the door wouldn't seal properly and then once in the air had a problem with pressurization seems to me related but again, I have absolutely no clue about the mechanics. Regardless, they did the right thing and brought the flight back. If they are using contract employees, they are likely also using contract maintenance employees and they may not have the parts needed to fix the planes.

Christina is right that if Denver is your final destination (home) then no hotel would be provided by the airline.

Dec 27, 2018
We were told with customer service that even though it was our final destination with the flight so we could drive home, they would provide hotel vouchers because we could not make our drive safely. Then when the customer service told that to the agent she yelled at them on the phone asking if they finished their training and saying they could not promise us all that. The miscommunication between them and the lack of training with the customer service is mind boggling.

Sep 19, 2015
We were told with customer service that even though it was our final destination with the flight so we could drive home, they would provide hotel vouchers because we could not make our drive safely. Then when the customer service told that to the agent she yelled at them on the phone asking if they finished their training and saying they could not promise us all that. The miscommunication between them and the lack of training with the customer service is mind boggling.
I do understand the concern about driving while tired.

That must have been very unpleasant to see. But the low cost airline model means contract workers, and minimal staffing and even the workers at hub airport are not paid well -- Frontier pays significantly less than other carriers and one does get what they pay for.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is what happens using a discount airline that doesn’t have ample planes to rebook people on or more then 2 flights a day.

Giving you vouchers for a future flight is most likely the best you will get.

And poorly trained agents on a hotline. You never are given vouchers for a hotel at your final destination by any airline.

We have company contacts on top of our page. You can write to Sprit directly and see if they will do anything.

Dec 27, 2018
I do understand the concern about driving while tired.

That must have been very unpleasant to see. But the low cost airline model means contract workers, and minimal staffing and even the workers at hub airport are not paid well -- Frontier pays significantly less than other carriers and one does get what they pay for.
That is very sad to hear. And yes driving while tired and with black ice on roads at night. That is why our original flight was to arrive at 240 p.m.

Dec 27, 2018
I
This is what happens using a discount airline that doesn’t have ample planes to rebook people on or more then 2 flights a day.

Giving you vouchers for a future flight is most likely the best you will get.

And poorly trained agents on a hotline. You never are given vouchers for a hotel at your final destination by any airline.

We have company contacts on top of our page. You can write to Sprit directly and see if they will do anything.
I did. They gave me a $100 voucher that I have to use in 90 days. Fox news is talking about doing a story on it now.

Sep 1, 2018
It sounds like it was a very unpleasant experience. However, due to numerous mechanical difficulties I don't think Frontier is responsible for hotel vouchers at the end destination. As bad as it sounds, Frontier has no responsibility for getting you anywhere but the airport.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This was truly an awful experience. Since the planes had safety issues, it's good they didn't fly. If you book on a discount airline, you need to be able to deal with this kind of horrible treatment. The reason the discount airlines have cheaper prices is because they have no customer service. Always travel with a credit card and apps to be able to find yourself a hotel room for the night. It was an awful, awful experience. I'm glad you got safely back to Denver. Counting on these clowns to give you a hotel room is obviously a non-starter. They flew you from Point A to Point B. It may be a good story for TV, but for the airline it's probably business as usual. I'm sorry you had to go through this. Next time, book a real airline who will at least make an attempt to get you to your destination in a reasonable amount of time.

Dec 27, 2018
It sounds like it was a very unpleasant experience. However, due to numerous mechanical difficulties I don't think Frontier is responsible for hotel vouchers at the end destination. As bad as it sounds, Frontier has no responsibility for getting you anywhere but the airport.
The sr. Manager got my message and agreed to reimburse my car rental and hotel expenses. And reimbursed the flight.