Iberia ....Worst customer service ever

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 1, 2019
Hi New on the forum .
I have a terrible experience with Iberia .
I am a Iberia plus member and I have tried to make a reservation for a 1 way trip from Miami to Napoli.
Tickets available on their website. I transfer 150 000 point from my Amex account . Booked the tickets , but impossible to pay , there is an error on their platform they say ( website) .
Then I start calling , USA , Spain . Agents are not polite , but they tell me I need to escalate and that I will have an answer on why I cannot pay online in a week .
I wait , call again 6 times to finally talk to someone telling it is ok , I can book my ticket.
Go back to web site , impossible to book .Call gain , now they tell me I cannot do it because
1/reservation cancelled because I did not pay within 24hrs!!!
2-Then they see the booking code and tell me I cannot book one way ! But web sites allows it , so I do not understand .
4 calls later , i am trying to talk to a supervisor BUT , either they are not available , or do not speak English , or are not on duty.
This is something incredible , and I am still trying to talk to someone . Yet called again and a nice agent tells me there is no supervisor , and that I should fil a complaint BUT , to fill a complaint you need a ticket number...
This is endless , and this is like this for 2 weeks .
Never seen something like that in my life.
I am still at loss on who to talk to , the email that was in Elliot for the manager of customer service bounced back ...
What should I do???

Feb 1, 2019
Yes i did , but once the miles are transferred , there is nothing they can do .
They tried to reach the Iberia customer service , but it was not answering for half an hour. This is really incerdible ...

Jul 15, 2016
I have booked many iberia avios flights in last 2 weeks without problem. Just logged in now and made a search for Feb 15, 16 or 17 and there is availability each day for Miami-Napoli from 19,5k (economy) to 21,5k (premium ec). I have screenshots. So, can you try another navigator, delete cookies, etc? If it matters, I am trying in Iberia spain, but same results in other country. You can choose which country, it doesn’t matter where is your credit card from, actually as I said I didn’t have any problem and paid with non-european card. Btw, for a purchased ticket you can just make a reservation (sometimes even for free) but for avios redemption it is first time I hear that you can hold it for 24 hours,...I might think you have to buy inmediately

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have booked many iberia avios flights in last 2 weeks without problem. Just logged in now and made a search for Feb 15, 16 or 17 and there is availability each day for Miami-Napoli from 19,5k (economy) to 21,5k (premium ec). I have screenshots. So, can you try another navigator, delete cookies, etc? If it matters, I am trying in Iberia spain, but same results in other country. You can choose which country, it doesn’t matter where is your credit card from, actually as I said I didn’t have any problem and paid with non-european card. Btw, for a purchased ticket you can just make a reservation (sometimes even for free) but for avios redemption it is first time I hear that you can hold it for 24 hours,...I might think you have to buy inmediately
Well, there's some hope here, first thing you should try is to clean up all the cookie and related stuff on your computer. If that doesn't solve it, can you use a friend's computer to try the booking? If Iberia won't even help you book the tix, I'd find another airline ... but of course point transfers are permanent. Are you close enough to an airport to try a ticket agent in person? You might do some reading on FlyerTalk's forums to see if there's any help there.

Feb 1, 2019
I have tried again tonight
1/To clear all cookies , tried 2 navigators....
2/To make the reservation ...and again the site makes all the pages up to the payment and then says it is not able to connect to the system scorer.
Here are all the files . I am not kidding ....
I am really at loss . and thank you to all of you that are trying to help , but Iberia is the issue .
No one to talk , no supervisor , this is a real Joke!!!
I do not want to loose 150 000 points , and I will go further than this .
Iberia FB does not answer anymore , Iberia Plus email gives me the same number again and again , and it is not even them , it is a platform they are hiring , agent told me ...
Don't know what to do...

Attachments

Sep 19, 2015
I see that you are trying to book Air Italy flights through Iberia — could that be the problem?

This seems to be a tech problem that people have encountered before. (System scorer).

How many times have you tried calling? Many others have had to hang up and call again several times.

Have you considered posting on flyertalk?

Feb 23, 2019
I am having the exact same experience as the original poster above. I get the same "scorer error" over multiple days, cards, browsers, locations.

I called customer service 5 times. 4 times a recorded survey cut me off in the middle of my conversation with the rep. The 5th time I got the payment stage and was told the rep can see my points, but the system won't let him use them. He then proceeded to tell me he does not know how to fix or what I should do next. So now I feel as though I have no recourse and am stuck with the 160k points I just transferred in from amex.

BRODALO, did you ever get your issue resolved, and if so how? Really appreciate any help! This is easily the most shockingly terrible customer service I've experienced in quite some time, and my next steps are unclear.

P.S. the is my first time ever posting on any message board including social media....thats how bad Iberia is

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I know that points transfers are cast in concrete, but AmEx may step up here and help you. I'd write them a polite, concise letter. You knew the flights you wanted on Iberia, you know the number of points required, you transferred them in good faith. You tried many times to make the booking. Iberia is obviously incapable of dealing with much. Do some "artful begging" and see if AmEx will make an exception - you did all you could. It's worth a shot.

Apr 1, 2018
The Iberia website is problematic. I fly them a few times each year and about 30% of the time there are issues. Part of the problem is their data links to other airlines, including their own Level Air, are not solid.

I've had good luck with solving problems when calling and, by chance, I get a customer service rep in their Miami office. Instead of booking online, have you attempted to book the entire flight on the phone?

Also, while what you are going through is aggravating, try to be courteous and patient to the person answering the phone. Imagine how much grief they get every day because of the glitchy website.

One thing I always do when booking with Iberia is to follow up and see that the charge is on my credit card, because a few times the payment portal had issues even though I would get a confirmation email.