Iberia Airlines - Ticket reimbursement - no confirmation received

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 12, 2019
When I was attempting to make a reservation online for eight people on Jan.31, 2019, I ran into several problems. The first time I received a notice that my credit card was denied. A reservation was held (VUZHIO) but my seat selections were deleted, so I canceled it. I received confirmation of the cancellation right away. I then contacted my credit card company to inform them that we would be making a large purchase with an airline. When I went back to rebook these flights, I received a message that I had to call to complete the reservation. I did not receive a confirmation number.

When I called, I was told that they could not help me without a confirmation number and that they could not identify my purchase by using my name, email address, or any other personal information that I could provide. I was told there was a problem with the system and the only option I was offered was to restart my purchase in the morning.

The next morning, the prices were higher, so I did not rebook. I did not receive an email confirmation, so I believed that the purchase was never completed.

The first notice that I received regarding with a confirmation of my reservation (VXFFM8) was on February 8 when an email came to inform me of a change in aircraft. I immediately called to cancel this reservation. I believe I spoke to Linda. Without satisfaction, I wanted to file a complaint but could not since I did not have a ticket number, which would have been on the original confirmation that I never received.

I called Customer Service for the ticket number and was told by the first agent to enter 075-1234567899. That did not work. The next agent, Carlos, gave me my ticket number 075-2382160256, and the numbers for the other passengers. These numbers did not work either. The next agent, George, confirmed that I had the correct numbers and told me that I just had to keep trying because that was the only way to file a complaint. I believe he tried as well and was not successful.

Next, I searched the Internet to find another option. I found an email form that I completed, but when I submitted it, it sent me back to the page where I had to enter my ticket number and, again it would not accept it.

I then found The Elliott Advocacy site, where I try the Customer Service Incident Claims link without success. I then emailed Veronicasanchez@iberia.es as listed on the site, and it can back undeliverable.

I then called Iberia in Spain using the phone number listed on their site, 011 34 901 111 500, and received a message that the number was not in service.

I contacted my credit card company to file a claim.

How do I actually document this incident? What are the chances of receiving a refund? I do want to make travel arrangements, but am afraid to until I am sure I will get my money back.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
When I was attempting to make a reservation online for eight people on Jan.31, 2019, I ran into several problems. The first time I received a notice that my credit card was denied. A reservation was held (VUZHIO) but my seat selections were deleted, so I canceled it. I received confirmation of the cancellation right away. I then contacted my credit card company to inform them that we would be making a large purchase with an airline. When I went back to rebook these flights, I received a message that I had to call to complete the reservation. I did not receive a confirmation number.

When I called, I was told that they could not help me without a confirmation number and that they could not identify my purchase by using my name, email address, or any other personal information that I could provide. I was told there was a problem with the system and the only option I was offered was to restart my purchase in the morning.

The next morning, the prices were higher, so I did not rebook. I did not receive an email confirmation, so I believed that the purchase was never completed.

The first notice that I received regarding with a confirmation of my reservation (VXFFM8) was on February 8 when an email came to inform me of a change in aircraft. I immediately called to cancel this reservation. I believe I spoke to Linda. Without satisfaction, I wanted to file a complaint but could not since I did not have a ticket number, which would have been on the original confirmation that I never received.

I called Customer Service for the ticket number and was told by the first agent to enter 075-1234567899. That did not work. The next agent, Carlos, gave me my ticket number 075-2382160256, and the numbers for the other passengers. These numbers did not work either. The next agent, George, confirmed that I had the correct numbers and told me that I just had to keep trying because that was the only way to file a complaint. I believe he tried as well and was not successful.

Next, I searched the Internet to find another option. I found an email form that I completed, but when I submitted it, it sent me back to the page where I had to enter my ticket number and, again it would not accept it.

I then found The Elliott Advocacy site, where I try the Customer Service Incident Claims link without success. I then emailed Veronicasanchez@iberia.es as listed on the site, and it can back undeliverable.

I then called Iberia in Spain using the phone number listed on their site, 011 34 901 111 500, and received a message that the number was not in service.

I contacted my credit card company to file a claim.

How do I actually document this incident? What are the chances of receiving a refund? I do want to make travel arrangements, but am afraid to until I am sure I will get my money back.
You should not try to make 8 presumably international reservations online. You need to go to a real travel agent. You also need to have copies of ALL of the passports for the people in your group so as not to ticket someone with the wrong or incomplete name. You will be lucky if this attempt at ticketing did not go through. If some of the names are incorrect or incomplete you will have another major issue to deal with.

If some or all of the tickets did go through you may well have made non-refundable ticket reservations and will have to make sure that all of the names are correct.

Sep 19, 2015
That first ticket number sounds like a placeholder 075-1234567899. -- I mean it is the numbers 1-9 and an additional 9.

Have you checked the credit card statement? Some are very specific and give the ticket numbers.

What happens when you enter the confirmation number and last name on "Manage my bookings"?

Feb 12, 2019
Was your credit card charged? Did you check your cc right away to see if a charge went through?
I called my credit card company when I got the notification of the change in aircraft. That's when I found out the purchase when through. I did file a claim with them and I am waiting to hear.

Feb 12, 2019
That first ticket number sounds like a placeholder 075-1234567899. -- I mean it is the numbers 1-9 and an additional 9.

Have you checked the credit card statement? Some are very specific and give the ticket numbers.

What happens when you enter the confirmation number and last name on "Manage my bookings"?
You should not try to make 8 presumably international reservations online. You need to go to a real travel agent. You also need to have copies of ALL of the passports for the people in your group so as not to ticket someone with the wrong or incomplete name. You will be lucky if this attempt at ticketing did not go through. If some of the names are incorrect or incomplete you will have another major issue to deal with.

If some or all of the tickets did go through you may well have made non-refundable ticket reservations and will have to make sure that all of the names are correct.
I know that all the names are correct. They are family members. It is possible to make up to 10 tickets online without going to a travel agent. I have done this before without a problem. The well issue is that I never received a confirmation for the purchase.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm confused.
You attempted to purchase 8 tix.
Your credit card denied the charge.
You cancelled that reservation and received a confirmation of the cancellation.
You attempted to rebook online but were instructed to call.
You didn't rebook because the prices were higher.
You're trying to file a complaint (about what?) but cannot file without a tix number.
You don't have a tix number because you never bought any tix.
My questions are:
What kind of tix are you holding? When were they purchased? Have they been paid for? How did tix get purchased and paid for without your knowledge? There has been no confirmation email from the airline about these tix?

If you DID purchase the tix and everything's in order, are you satisfied with the flights and the fare? Are all the names correctly stated on the tix?

If you cannot get answers out of the airline immediately, and you are certain that you did not buy any tix, I advise that you dispute the charge with your credit card company. That is usually a last resort, but if the airline can't even give you information on tix they think you own, I don't think there's much future in trying to communicate with them. Good luck, and please keep us updated.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You had 24 hours to cancel the tickets with no fees. The first thing you should have done with you had a problem with the booking was call the cc company and ask if the charge went through.

I think you might have a very tough time with this one - I think going to your cc company immediately to see what they can do is your best bet.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
I called my credit card company when I got the notification of the change in aircraft. That's when I found out the purchase when through. I did file a claim with them and I am waiting to hear.
When do yo mean when you say you filed a claim with them? Did you file a credit card dispute?

Feb 12, 2019
I'm confused.
You're trying to file a complaint (about what?) but cannot file without a tix number.
My questions are:
What kind of tix are you holding? When were they purchased? Have they been paid for? How did tix get purchased and paid for without your knowledge? There has been no confirmation email from the airline about these tix?

If you DID purchase the tix and everything's in order, are you satisfied with the flights and the fare? Are all the names correctly stated on the tix?

If you cannot get answers out of the airline immediately, and you are certain that you did not buy any tix, I advise that you dispute the charge with your credit card company. That is usually a last resort, but if the airline can't even give you information on tix they think you own, I don't think there's much future in trying to communicate with them. Good luck, and please keep us updated.
It is confusing, I know. I wanted to purchase the tickets. When I pushed the button to make the purchase, the message that came back to me was that I had to call to complete the purchase. There was no confirmation number with that message and the person on the phone couldn't help me without that number. He told me there was a problem with the system and that I needed to start over in the morning. Because I received the message that I had to finish the purchase by phone, and because the person on the phone couldn't complete the purchase, and because I never received an email confirmation that the purchase went through, I believed it did not. It apparently did because a week later I got notification of a change in aircraft. That is the first email I received regarding the purchase.

Feb 12, 2019
I'm confused.
My questions are:

It is confusing. When I hit the purchase button to rebook, the message that came back to me was that I needed to call to complete the purchase. I did not receive a confirmation number with that message. When I called, they told me they could not help me without that number, and that I had to start over in the morning. Because they could not help me finish the purchase, and because I never received an email confirmation of that purchase, I believed it did not go through. Apparently, it did because a week later, I received a notice of a change in aircraft. That is the first time I received anything with a confirmation number on it. I have been in touch with my credit card company. I really am trying to somehow document this with Iberia, however, all the channels of communication that I can find have been dead ends. Links don't work. Phone numbers are disconnected. Emails are undeliverable.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I know that all the names are correct. They are family members. It is possible to make up to 10 tickets online without going to a travel agent. I have done this before without a problem. The well issue is that I never received a confirmation for the purchase.
The fact that it is "possible" does not mean that it is a good idea. And are you SURE that the CORRECT names are absolutely identical to the names on the passports? That is what matters, not if the names are "correct".

Sep 19, 2015
I am still confused. You say you want to make travel arrangements but tickets were already charged? Is there something wrong with those tickets?

If you have started the credit card chargeback process you now have to go through that.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
So even though there was confusion when you bought them, you ended up with the nine tickets you were intending to buy. Why do a credit card dispute?
This absolutely sums it up. EXACTLY where do you stand with the tix? We'll need to wait until it's all clear before any more advice. Otherwise we're doing you a disservice.