I was charged for a reservation I didn't make by Choice Hotels

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 1, 2018
Since April 2017 I have over 100 stays with Quality Inn. I stayed at the Suwanee location from 09/14/2018-09/24/2018, Duluth location from 09/25/2018-10/03/2018. The Quality Inn in Suwanee charged $86.35 for a No show they said I booked through Expedia 9/14 for 09/28. I book all reservations through the choice web site. I have never used Expedia to book any reservation. I was at the Duluth location on 9/28. On 10/09 I went to Suwanee and talked to the Manager/Owner. He said he could not help me. Still at Suwanee I called Choice customer relations. She called the hotel and was told the owner was not there. I just talked to the owner in the office. The customer rep said they were giving her the run around. They told her to call back tomorrow. The rep said she would call Expedia and gave me reference number 9237245. I called Choice on 10/23. The rep told me to call Expedia. I called Expedia and was told they didn't have any record of a reservation for 9/28. They said it was impossible for me to have booked that reservation because I didn't have an account with them. They will not book a reservation if with out a debit card. My debit card was charged $86.35 for a reservation I did not make. Can you give me some advice as to how I can get my money back? I have closed my account so I couldn't get my bank to challange the charges.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Sorry, it is not clear to me who charged your debit card?
Sounds like it could not have been Expedia since they do not have an account.
If Choice charged your card while claiming you made the reservation through Expedia, is that likely how it would happen?
I’ve never used Expedia so I don’t know. How would they be paid if Choice got your money directly from you?