I knew I would get locked from Facebook

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 5, 2019
Goodmorning, I recently posted a topic on Elliot. Something in reference to "Facebook Scams. "
I thought about any conciquences I would face by trying to get help when I was scammed on Facebook Marketplace after looking on the site and allegedly being taken to some 3rd party site when I wanted to look at a potential item I was really interested in. $320.00 later and not anything to show for it, I started to try and find out more about F.B and how scammers operate as well as try and get my money back.
Unfortunatly, no luck yet but I am currently following the suggestion of the volunteers here at Elliot.
My problem now is that my phone is not acting like it used to. I figured I may have dropped it and broken it. Today , I posted something on facebook and in the middle of posting, my F.B page closed and I have been locked out. The message on F.B says my account has been closed due to phishing. I have never had this happen. I just have a feeling that it has to do with that purchase I was scammed on. Is this nightmare ever going to end?

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
The FaceBook message regarding phishing may mean that they closed your account due to the purchase you made to the third-party vendor. Do you have a screenshot of the message? Is there a link to request further information?

Oct 5, 2019
Hello, yes I took a snapshot of locked account. Facebook then gave me a security test and I answered everything correctly. ( naming my friends when I took the "Photos Security Test" and also the "Comments Security Test". Facebook said that it could not be confirmed by my answers!!! There was 1 last attempt I could have done which is the "Birthday Confirmation Date". I could not answer this one because I never put my true birthdate for this exact reason. I do not know the fake birthday I entered when I opened the account. So, now Im screwed. I cannot even check my activity on F.B which is what they want me to do but that is senseless since I cannot get into my account!!! Im very upset. I have a meeting tomarrow and cannot use messenger to contact the person I am supposed to meetup with tomarrow.
I do know that this is from the 3rd party scam I was screwed on. I had it in the back of my mind that this may happen because of how the scammers were able to make my purchase disappear from my account on Facebook. What do I do? The scammers keep replying to my gmail account. Now they say that the merchandise was sent and to ask my parents for it!! I am not strong enough to fight back and reslove these issues . Lost my money, credit card cancelled, family upset with me, cannot communicate with my important appointment contacts, cannot log on to my facebook account, facebook saying they wont do anything due to 3rd party sale, Im scared of these scammers/ hackers because of what tbey able to do to destroy my personal data and my life. Can someone help me??

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
“I had it in the back of my mind that this may happen because of how the scammers were able to make my purchase disappear from my account on Facebook.”

Can you explain what this means? Did you notIfy Facebook as soon as you saw someone had accessed your account?

We have company contacts at Facebook you can write to:
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/facebook/

This is how to write effectively- read this carefully and follow the directions exactly as it advises- write one at a time to execs, leaving a week in between each email:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Oct 5, 2019
“I had it in the back of my mind that this may happen because of how the scammers were able to make my purchase disappear from my account on Facebook.”

Can you explain what this means? Did you notIfy Facebook as soon as you saw someone had accessed your account?

This is how to write effectively- read this carefully and follow the directions exactly as it advises- write one at a time to execs, leaving a week in between each email:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
What I mean by the order disapearing is that on my 'Facebook /Marketplace /Profile /Order ' summary area, you tap on Orders and Facebook will have a summary of all order transactions you made with your credit card thru vendors so you can have record and proof of what

Oct 5, 2019

Oct 5, 2019
What I stated in my very first complaint about 'I got scammed on Facebook' I wrote that in the "Options" part of Facebook/Marketplace/under. Profile/ in Orders, you can tap on the' Order ' and it will show you all your credit card orders from the companies or vendors who buy ' ad space ' thru Facebook and sell to you. ( not private listings, those you meet up with whomever and buy in person) .If I remember correctly, I searched for the transactions which were charged to my Amex Blue Bird Debit Card and then referenced back to look up in Facebook, but only a unrelated purchase from another time and date was noted. That was when I knew something was not legit about the Murphybed Sellers. I beleive I made the accusation that perhaps F.B was in on it because it was either that or someone hacked into the F.B accounts and somehow erased it , thus preventing me to be able to file complaint becauss no note of any purchase at all.
Also in order to be allowed access to communicate with Facebook about incidents of this nature, this was the only passage wsy to tap and be able to make a complaint.
I ended up tapping on that last prior purchase which wss unrelated to this purchase, and made the complaint that way. I just needed access to the complaint area and I could only do it like this. Does it make sense?

Mar 23, 2015
What I stated in my very first complaint about 'I got scammed on Facebook' I wrote that in the "Options" part of Facebook/Marketplace/under. Profile/ in Orders, you can tap on the' Order ' and it will show you all your credit card orders from the companies or vendors who buy ' ad space ' thru Facebook and sell to you. ( not private listings, those you meet up with whomever and buy in person) .If I remember correctly, I searched for the transactions which were charged to my Amex Blue Bird Debit Card and then referenced back to look up in Facebook, but only a unrelated purchase from another time and date was noted. That was when I knew something was not legit about the Murphybed Sellers. I beleive I made the accusation that perhaps F.B was in on it because it was either that or someone hacked into the F.B accounts and somehow erased it , thus preventing me to be able to file complaint becauss no note of any purchase at all.
Also in order to be allowed access to communicate with Facebook about incidents of this nature, this was the only passage wsy to tap and be able to make a complaint.
I ended up tapping on that last prior purchase which wss unrelated to this purchase, and made the complaint that way. I just needed access to the complaint area and I could only do it like this. Does it make sense?
If it wasn't a legitimate (I use the term LOOSELY) Facebook Marketplace vendor and was in fact just a phishing site, the order you placed wouldn't show in your FB orders, because it wouldn't actually have been affiliated with Facebook. It would have LOOKED like Facebook but you would have been directed to a site external to the FB Marketplace platform. You need to put all the facts in a much more easy to read, chronological / logical bullet format and try to get hold of the FB contacts that were provided to you. Right now it's a bit of a garbled mess. Good Luck.