How to get refund from Mytrip?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 19, 2018
Hi, i need help! I booked a flight to october through mytrip.com agency, and after less then 2 weeks i sent a requet to cancell the flight (they already charged me at my credit card). The flight has still not camcelled, they wont answer my emails and calls and im afraid its a fraud company, and i dont know how to handle this
I want a full refund as i deserve- i contact them on time, they just dont respond in order to (i think) save time so they can say its too late. I want my money back!..Its a lot of money and i cant take this flight.
Does anybody knows how can i get my money?! I will be greatfull if you help me

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you buy a refundable ticket? If not- you probably aren’t eligible for a refund. Nonrefundable tickets mean just that.

What does your email say about whether the flight is eligible for a refund? According to their terms the confirmation tells you the flight is eligible or not.

Their website says this about refunds:

How can I change or cancel my e-ticket?

You can contact our Customer Support by using the form found on the first page of our website in the customer support section or in the e-mail that contains your e-ticket(s) confirmation in the section “Manage my flight reservation”. Our agent will handle your request and check the conditions of your ticket. The conditions (fare rules) governing the cancellation or change policy of a ticket vary depending on the airline company. These rules are attached to the e-mail confirmation of your booking and are visible during the purchase of your e-tickets on our website.

Please note that we will firstly only inform you about the conditions (unless you choose the option to proceed with cancellation without informing you regardless the refundable amount). All changes or cancellations are completed only upon the written or phone confirmation of the customer.

https://www.mytrip.com/misc/company-profile

How did you find this company? They are located in Greece. Are you located in the US?

Sep 19, 2015
Yifat where are you located? The only reason I ask is that there are some consumer agencies that help EU citizens in disputes with EU companies. T

The online reviews are terrible and many people have had the same time problem — hard to reach, no response, and so on.

Have you tried using an internet calling service (to minimize cost) to contact their various numbers to see if a real person will answer — as in number in Greece, US, UK?

They seem to have limited hours of operation.

Jul 19, 2018
hi, thanks for answering.
i did notice the bad comments only after i tried to cancell (at first everything seemed ok)
as for the ticket- i will check again, but i think it is unrefunable, ..
do they have internet calling service?? how can i find it?
and i'm from israel, got to them by skyscanner.
another question- i booked the flight for 2 people, is there any way of changing one (or even both) passenger details?ask to replace him with another person that will fly instead...
Goshh how can i get out of this mess with minimum lost?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You probably can't. Non refundable means just that - non refundable. What I would suggest since you can't get hold of them is to contact your credit card company and ask what you should do. They may advise you to o a dispute if you cannot get in touch with them.

You should NEVER book through an online booking engine and hand over money to an entity you have never heard of.

Mar 17, 2015
Since the OP booked with a third party, if the flight times change significantly enough, can he possibly cancel then? It is a long shot, but may warrant some time looking into. Of course, this will also assume that the flight times change by at least 90 minutes, if not more.

Otherwise, non-refundable means just that. Especially with these 3rd party vendors. I do not believe it is possible to change names/passenger details.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I'm so sorry this happened, Yifat. Unless you pay fees, you can't cancel a non-ref tix. You can't substitute a new passenger. You can't file a credit card dispute. Had you booked directly with the airline, there would have been a very slight possibility of them helping you. Your only option is to hope for a schedule change that would offer a full refund ... IF the airline has that policy. The only thing you can do now is research the airline to see what their schedule-change refund policy is. I wish we had better news for you. So many people get trapped by these sleazy online booking services. Inexperienced travellers are constantly seeking the cheapest anything; that's a bad buying criteria. Anyone can set up a slick website that will fool so many people, it's a real shame.

Jul 19, 2018
hello, thanks again for helping. i have one more question:)
finally they have contacted me, and sent me a mail about cancellation details. they wrote :
" We would like to inform you that in case of cancellation the airline company charges £398 as a penalty for both passengers. The refundable amount is £516,16 per passenger. This amount will be reimbursed within a maximum of 3 working days after the airline's authorization. For any change or cancellation our agency charges £70,00."
now, the 70 euro is understandable, but what the hell is the 398 euro for the airline company? how come i need to pay them both?! it costs almost half of the original ticket. please help me understand it and advise me what i can do. i appreciate it very much:)

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
All airlines charge a cancellation fee for canceling tickets.

You are paying the 70 Euros because you booked through a third party who also charges an administrative fee which is also stated in their terms:

“Please note that all the modifications or cancellations of active reservations are governed by the rules of the respective supplier (airline company, ferry or car rental company etc). Apart from the charges incurred by the supplier, we reserve our right to incur an additional administrative fee for the handling of your inquiry. For flight reservations this fee depends on the type of Support package associated with the particular flight reservation.”

Unfortunately you are learning a lesson about not booking directly with an airline- you pay a penalty to the airline AND to the third party booking agency. And researching a company before you book.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Well, it's something. Neil has explained how "refunds" work on non-ref tix. It's best if you use the online booking services for research and book direct with the airline or hotel. I'm sorry you had to learn this the expensive way, but it could have been worse.