How do I find out what's covered by my travel insurance

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 4, 2018
For my last two trips to England I purchased the travel insurance package recommended by the tour agency when I booked my trips. I received an email confirmation but have never seen a policy or a list of conditions for which I could file a claim. In fact, I have no idea who I would even contact to report a problem. What should I expect from the insurance company? How does one find out what is/isn't covered?

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
JJaffa,

In most of the cases I've seen, they will either provide a link in the confirmation to your policy information or you will get a separate email from the insurance provider with the information. If your tour agency isn't providing this, then you will need to ask them for this information. Also, if you are booking this online, there should have at least been a link where you could review detailed coverage information prior to purchase. Did you book it online and who was the tour agency?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You should be able to pick this all up on the tour company's website. Your confirmation might list a website for you to access for the insurance details. They really don't want you to read it, so it may take a little careful looking to find the link.