How can I get any type of recopensation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 7, 2019
I had my booking with virgin atlantic but because for some problems I had to leave to go on 26th Feb the flight from London to. Orlando and take another one later on the day with another company when I was doing the check. In for come. Back with virgin atlantic I realised I couldn't so I called virgin atlantic and travel trolley as this is the agency I booked with through Skyscanner, they told me my flight is cancelled as I didn't take the one to go to Orlando so in few hours I had to find and pay another flight to come back from Orlando to London, my complaint is that no one informed to me that this will happen if I don't take the first flight they cancell automatically the return. I don't know how to act as neither virgin or travel trolley want to take any responsibility as they said I should ask them but how can I ask them if I didn't know this will. Happen

Jan 6, 2015
You first booked London-Orlando-London with one company and then later decided to book London-Orlando through another company without canceling the first booking. This process will result in the return leg cancellation (with first entity) EVERYTIME as you are considered a no show. This is standard across the airline industry.

Airlines and booking entities (Skyscanner, Travle Trolley, etc.) are not responsible to inform you of every policy that might affect you. There are many policies for which we bear responsibility to understand and comply.

Jul 13, 2016
If you had used a real travel agent, and called them when you discovered your problem, they would have told you that you must take the first flight or the second flight would be canceled. Think about it. It makes sense. You didn't fly to Orlando with Virgin, so they don't know you are in Orlando, and need to come home. So they canceled your return flight. Plus, it is listed in the rules of the ticket. Rules you didn't read.
You are not entitled to any compensation.

Mar 7, 2019
You first booked London-Orlando-London with one company and then later decided to book London-Orlando through another company without canceling the first booking. This process will result in the return leg cancellation (with first entity) EVERYTIME as you are considered a no show. This is standard across the airline industry.

Airlines and booking entities (Skyscanner, Travle Trolley, etc.) are not responsible to inform you of every policy that might affect you. There are many policies for which we bear responsibility to understand and comply.
And the agency traveltrolley neither is. Not responsa

Mar 17, 2015
They probably did tell you in the fine print, or it was on the e-ticket that was sent to you. They do not have to verbally tell you. It is also something that most who travel know, so would not even think about telling you verbally about this. Now if you were speaking to a TA and making the second reservation with the same that made the first, I would have thought they would have let you know, or would have cancelled the tix so you would get something back.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
In a word, no. You are responsible to show up for a flight you booked OR tell them to cancel.
Exactly. They sold you a ticket from point a to point b. If you needed to change the date you were flying buying another ticket is not the way to do it. You should have called the travel agency and had them change your existing ticket to the new dates. How were they supposed to know you needed to change the dates?

Unfortunately you aren’t due any compensation. I would suggest you go back to the travel agency and ask if they can get you a credit to use for a future flight for the original ticket. That probably isn’t going to happen because you were probably marked as a no show and airlines don’t usually offer credits for that but it doesn’t hurt to ask.

Sep 19, 2015
Traveltrolley terms and conditions

“Please note that where a sector of a flight itinerary is not utilised without contacting the carrier directly any remaining sectors may be subject to cancellation without further notification. Where this situation arises we are unable to accept responsibility for any costs incurred.”

There may also be information saying flights must be taken in order ticketed.