Hotwire Pending Authorization

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 4, 2019
Tried to book a hotel stay through Hotwire for one of their hot deals. I went through the process, selected Paypal and was waiting to see which hotel I would get, it finally said I missed the deal and no rooms were available. Ok No problem, I went back refreshed the page and tried the same deal again. And once again, get the same response. So I check my PayPal balance, and now have 2 pending / authorizations both for 115.74. I contacted Hotwire first and they were not helpful saying there was nothing they could do and to call Paypal. So, I called Paypal and they said it would against their agreement with vendors to cancel the pending charges and to just wait for them to drop off. I said I wanted to speak to somebody else about this, and they assured me I would get a call from a supervisor, and days later, no phone call.

FYI, I cannot wait, I need a place stay and I cannot book anywhere else cause I have over $200 tied up in pending charges.

So going on 4 days now, no word from anybody, have emailed hotwire, messaged and posted on the paypal facebook page, and still no word from anybody. Any help you could provide would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

johnbaker

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2014
@Gap13 Unfortunately, there is little Hotwire can do in this case especially if they voided the charge to your card. The good news is that they normally fall off in 4 - 6 days so the pending charge should fall off in the next day or two....

Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for the response, but it has really put me in a bind, and just frustrating that hotwire tells me to call PayPal, and vice a versa. Well there is no evidence they voided the trabsaction, the transaction never completed but they still authorized it. So now I am stuck $230 down waiting I guess. Wouldn't be that big of deal but money and shelter are in short supply at the moment.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
When you need a room right away, you should have simply booked a room instead of trying for the hot deal. Unless Hotwire Contacts can drop the hold- you are stuck.

Don’t you have a regular credit card you can use? I’m afraid you need to contact Hotwire and see if they can drop the holds.

Go to our company contacts, find our category for online travel agencies and get Hotwire contacts. Start writing to see if they can help you.