HOTELS.COM NON REFUNDABLE DOUBLE RESERVATION FOR SAME STAY

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 16, 2018
Yesterday I attempted to make a non-refundable reservation on Hotels.com that was not completed. All I received from Hotels.com was the processing spinning wheel. I waited for several minutes and the page returned to the original reservation page with the message my transaction could not be completed at this time.
It did not contain a confirmation number. I closed the page and went back to Hotels.com and made another reservation which was immediately confirmed. When I checked my email, the original reservation had indeed processed and I received a confirmation of my reservation. I also received a confirmation of my second booking.
I rang Hotels.com to cancel the second reservation which they refused to do. I explained the situation to the agent and she said there was nothing she could do.
Please help me cancel either of these reservations as I only need one room. I do not believe that I should be held responsible for a glitch on their end as the transaction could not be completed.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Never make a second attempt at an online non-refundable reservation without waiting for 24 hrs to see if it actually went through. Did you log into Hotels.com to check "future reservations" before making a second attempt?

You can pursue this by email (not telephone): https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/expedia/
Expedia owns hotels.com
Start at the first cust serv person and wait one week. If no/negative response go to the next person and so on weekly.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately, non refundable is nonrefundable and they wouldn’t make an exception.

Sorry this happened but it might just others reading that you either shouldn’t book non refundable rates or check your credit card immediately if this happens and not assume the reservation didn’t go through.

Nov 16, 2018
I did check my card and it hadn't gone through when I made the 2nd. Then after making the 2nd, I checked and they both went through at that point.
Anyway, I'm going to make it work. My husband will have his own room and so will I. Thanks for helping sort it.

Dec 19, 2014
I did check my card and it hadn't gone through when I made the 2nd. Then after making the 2nd, I checked and they both went through at that point.
Anyway, I'm going to make it work. My husband will have his own room and so will I. Thanks for helping sort it.
Frankly, I'm impressed that you are going to make lemonade out of lemons. Its refreshing to see someone have a positive outlook on a situation where it is easy to play the victim.

I would suggest that when you check in to the hotel, perhaps speak to a manager. Sometimes a face to face explanation may yield results.

Nov 16, 2018
Thanks all. I check in on Friday at this hotel and will present situation to manager once more and see what they can do. If nothing, we each have our own rooms. The price I'm paying for this luxury is the bitter pill.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
It always amazes me what hotel management will do to keep their guests happy. Absolutely give it a try ... turn on your charm ... and remind yourself that we all think your attitude is fabulous. The mark of a happy traveler, adaptability. Please let us know what happens.

And next time book direct ... this could have been sorted out with one call to the hotel. Hotels are on the warpath with the online booking services and are doing their utmost to discourage their use. After 3+ years on this Forum, I couldn't agree more with the hotels ... OBS are great for research but awful for booking.

Nov 16, 2018
You are all so right about using an OBS. I will never use them again for hotels, ever!! I have to confess I did use an OBS to buy overseas airline tickets. It was rather inexpensive in comparison to online prices. I do prefer to go the airlines directly, but this was a deal too sweet to pass up. Thanks again and
Happy Christmas to all.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
You are all so right about using an OBS. I will never use them again for hotels, ever!! I have to confess I did use an OBS to buy overseas airline tickets. It was rather inexpensive in comparison to online prices. I do prefer to go the airlines directly, but this was a deal too sweet to pass up. Thanks again and
Happy Christmas to all.
Happy Christmas to you too, Omi. Regarding your airline tix bought from a booking service, watch them like a hawk. Get the airline confirmation number and be sure to check regularly. If there are issues, it's much nicer to straighten them out ahead of departure day. Arrive at the airport super early ... we have heard so many stories of nasty surprises. Good luck and have a great holiday.