Hotels.com canceled my price match guarantee vouchers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 4, 2021
I had booked a nonrefundable hotel through hotels.com for a stay in London for May 2020. Prices dropped so I filed a price match guarantee request and was issued 6 certificates totaling $1411 to be used on a prepaid booking on hotels.com within 12 months of receiving them. I received the vouchers on May 11 2020 and when I tried to use them they did not work. I contacted hotels.com thinking something was wrong but was told they see that the vouchers are not valid and they are not going to reissue them even though the email stated they are valid for 12 months from the date of the email. Anybody else run into this and know how to get it corrected!?!

Feb 21, 2018
Read the fine print of the terms and conditions. Maybe you actually had to stay at the hotel (even though it was non-refundable) to be eligible for the price match.
Patina's reply makes perfect sense, especially if as a result of your inability to travel, you were refunded any costs that you had paid. You mention that the rate booked was non-refundable...did you in fact lose out on that money, or did you get a refund?

You cannot expect to benefit from a price match if you didn't actually 'pay' the price.