Hotel reservation booked through Expedia at WRONG RATE

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 29, 2015
They will not refund the air. Once you are booked it’s non refundable after 24 hours. They’ll only get a credit less any cancellation fees. You want to find another hotel.
My thought is that if Expedia goofed, then it makes sense to get Expedia to refund the air if they won't cover any additional cost in hotel.

Aug 29, 2015
There are a number of hotels on Expedia for those dates that are around $200 per night. Might want to look on some sites for reviews and get with Expedia to make a reservation in an affordable one if air is an issue.

Jun 24, 2018
Then you can’t write to have the tickets canceled.

I would suggest writing immediately to Expedia and asking for their help rebooking a hotel. $200 is not really enough for any hotel in Paris, let alone a Ritz.
Yes I will. Is there any department or a particular person i should mention for attention?
I am thinking about mailing to below address (headquarters).
http://www.expediagroup.com/contact-the-board/

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
For what it's worth, Ira, we were walked to a Ritz Carlton in Naples Florida once and it was a very negative experience. We would have been far better off at a Best Western. I'd hate to see you jump through all these hoops to end up in a closet-sized room overlooking the dumpsters ... where housekeeping holds you in such low regard that they barely service the room. I'd just leave the air alone and cancel the Ritz, booking a different hotel. If you can manage to get Expedia to cancel and refund without losing your mind, then book another hotel directly. Using online booking services is never a good idea.

Jun 24, 2018
For what it's worth, Ira, we were walked to a Ritz Carlton in Naples Florida once and it was a very negative experience. We would have been far better off at a Best Western. I'd hate to see you jump through all these hoops to end up in a closet-sized room overlooking the dumpsters ... where housekeeping holds you in such low regard that they barely service the room. I'd just leave the air alone and cancel the Ritz, booking a different hotel. If you can manage to get Expedia to cancel and refund without losing your mind, then book another hotel directly. Using online booking services is never a good idea.
Hi thank you for your advice. You are right I have learnt my lesson.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
There are many hotels in Waikiki with a broad range of prices. You should take the cancellation from Expedia and book another hotel ASAP because the longer you wait, the fewer options you will have and the prices will go up. If you look at a site such as booking.com you can find a wide range of excellent hotels for less than $2000 for the July 13-18 time period. Investigate the options and then book directly with the hotel on their own web site.