Homewood Suites

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2018
I checked in to Homewood Suites in August 2017. My three days received no room service, beehive, ants, and maintenance man profiling me as I sat in my car. I continue to receive no room service missing wash cloth, no linens, towels, toilet paper, un mopped floor, carpet not vacuumed, bag of towels left outside of my door by room service. Dinner is considered salad and soup. I forwarded my grievances to Chris Nassetta’s office escalation team after management nonchalant attitude. I was advised to meet with the manager again to discuss all the issues again. (since I am still here). What compensation is acceptable for my issues?

Feb 9, 2016
you've been there since August (approx. 120 days) and have experience 3 days with no maid service out of the 120 days?

There was a beehive in your room?

I didn't know they offered dinner?!

Jan 3, 2018
Yes, I am still here. I was advised that the ants is problem in summer and move to the second ( other guests has accommodations that the second floor posed a challenge) The first three days it happened and continued through out my stay. I asked for another room service only to be advised they are assigned by floor and no one wanted to clean my room( upon returning the next day the room was in disarray after providing service the prior day). This is foolishness cause it’s their job and I am paying for it. The supervisor advised me that she advised her employee to put the bag with towels outside my door since she couldn’t get in room( I advised this supervisor that her excuse has been used too many times. Hospitality is their main focus of the business motto. This behavior is disturbing and she shouldn’t have advised her employee to do that.

She gets very upset when I give my grievances with room service and would just cast me as a problematic guest and make excuses. I offered many solutions to her, but she changed it and do something else. I have been very forgiving due to another guest’s school in this area. My Mom advised me to leave from the first incident.

One of the other guest complained about being uncomfortable going to breakfast and dinner due to the hostess continuous stares and mean gestures. I advised the manager and she just take it nonchalantly just focusing on the dinner being corporate issue beyond his control (I advised corporate that salad and soup is not and it’s false advertisement ).

The general manager apologized and advised me he would check every week after I informed Chris Nasetta escalation team. He offered no compensation only apology and promises to do better.

Corporate office advised me to request compensation from the general manager and show him my pictures.

I am meeting with him in two days.

Jan 3, 2018
Also, dust build up on bed skirts and behind dressers. I removed bed skirts and requested laundry as well as vacuum behind dresser the room service attendant did not like that and complained to her manager not wanting my room anymore (she encouraged 2 room service attendants to refused my room as well to make her think I am problematic when I was the last room being clean due to be being an extended stay guest (manager advised me). Therefore, I received poor service staff was rushing to go home after being tired, out of breath and exhausted.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Are you by any chance keeping the Do Not Disturb sign on your door? If you are they cannot come into your room to clean it.

I would suggest you perhaps take this up with the Hilton offices.

http://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/hilton/

Start at Customer Service and tell them
what you are experiencing. Give them
a week to help. If they can’t, move to the first Executive. Repeat weekly.

I would only use what is really an issue and without you answering more of our questions I am not sure we can help you pare it down.

Jan 3, 2018
I am not on timeshare. Due unmitigating circumstances at my rental condominium. Room service is offered every day. The room service assigned to my room was upset due to me giving my grievances about her. Every time management speak to her this is what she does. This would have not continued on this long if the manager did not reassigned her back to my room after requesting another room service(s).

Jan 3, 2018
No, I don’t use the do not disturb sign. I gave my grievances to customer service and Chris Nassetta’s escalation team already and was reverted back to the general manager. I have a meeting with him within two days again.

Jul 27, 2016
When you say "room service," do you mean the cleaning of your room (e.g. housekeeping) or having food delivered to your room (which is the usual definition of room service)... It sounds like the former, but I'm really not sure.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you can’t get satisfaction from the GM, write to the first executive we have on our contact list. If the manager knows this room attendant is breaking your shoes then she should not be cleaning your room
or they should move you to another room with a different attendant. Is there an issue with how you are maintaining your room that attendants don’t want to clean it? I really feel like we are not getting the full story from you and it’s impossible to really know how to direct you properly.

I have never heard of attendants not wanting really clean a room so I am trying to understand. I think you are not telling us the full story here - what is going on with your condo that is forcing you into a motel for so long.

Is your condo company paying for this or is it all out of pocket? It sounds like perhaps you are getting a special rate if you have meals included?

If you are paying yourself I’d seriously consider going somewhere else. The hotel is being paid and you should be receiving the services you are entitled to.

Perhaps there are Social Services issues you need some assistance with. Do you have a local VA in the area that might be able to help?

Jan 6, 2015
I suggest at this point that you need a person to intervene on your behalf. I contacted the Homeless Veterans Hotline at 877.424.3838 (press 0) to inquire about their assistance and they are willing to speak with you and see if they can help (you do NOT need to be homeless). The line is open 24 x 7.

Once you provide your veteran's information, they will refer you to the Homeless Coordinator ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.