HomeAway don't give access code

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 12, 2019
I rented an apartment in Vancouver from VRBO/ HomeAway. At the time of booking I did not get the owner's contact information and even the address of the house. Before the arrival I tried to correspond with the owner through the site but until now didn't get the access code, so until the last minute I am not sure I will have a place to stay ... I also found no possibility of contacting the company in order to contact the owner. What I have to do in that situation?
Please help!

Jun 12, 2019
" I didn’t receive the access code until about a week before arrival. "
That's right I've ten days before arrival, but it isn't the same case because the owner promised to inform me about check-in two weeks before - and suddenly disappears: don't answer to my requests.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
You may wish to make a backup reservation at a site that does not require prepayment so if your current reservation fails you will have a place to stay. If you do make another reservation pay very close attention to the date when you can cancel without penalty and make a big note somewhere so you do not miss the deadline for no penalty cancelation.

Jun 12, 2019
You may wish to make a backup reservation at a site that does not require prepayment so if your current reservation fails you will have a place to stay. If you do make another reservation pay very close attention to the date when you can cancel without penalty and make a big note somewhere so you do not miss the deadline for no penalty cancelation.
Thank you for advice, but it's too late: there's no opportunity to reserve without penalty before ten days.

Jun 12, 2019
Have you booked through a HomeAway before?
Here are our contacts for them: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/homeaway-com/
I see things get more and more complicated
Actually, I can see my reservation by its identity, but the address points to another house. I figured that a house number on a photo was changed with photo editor. The worst thing is that clicking on Property ID doesn’t open a property description. Now the property has disappeared from the site at all.
As before, I don’t have owner’s phone, so I’m in panic.
Today I'll try to chat again with customer service, but I don't sure I understand what I have to achieve from them...
Some advice?????????

Nov 21, 2014
Your messages are a bit garbled, is English your 1st language? You MUST contact Customer Service and clearly state you have NO Contact information for the Owner and now the property you are renting has disappeared from the Home Away/VRBO websit.
Tell them you need to have your reservation reconfirmed and have the owner contact you.
If English is an issue get an English speaker to assist you.