Home Depot and Rightime

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 23, 2019
Hi I hired Home Depot which contracts with Righttime for Air Conditioning and heating, Rightime Sales person came to our home to go over what we wanted, duel system up stairs and down stairs and Condenser on the side of our home, not the Nest thermostat. The work got started after poor communication with the Rightime, Rightime employee informed us that condenser couldn’t be moved to the side of our home per their satellite view over the phone with Us, and they couldn’t put duel system in our home cause square footage of home is to small and they only carry the Nest. So Home Depot credit us for the condenser not be able to be placed on the side of our home. Three days later the City inspector came to our home and we had mentioned we wanted the condenser to be placed on the side of our home the city inspector informed us there is plenty of room, why didn’t Rightime came to their office and find out city codes. The inspection failed. We called Righttime to informed that the inspection failed and how upset we are that we were missed informed about the condenser, Rightime said they would look into the condenser and fix items that failed inspection. The original workers did such a bad job on installing the system it’s super loud and apparently they cut a wire upstairs that are lights flicker, expose wires downstairs in a closet area. Every time we called Rightime they give us the run around they told us they were going threw changes. I reached to Home Depot customer care they reached out Rightime, the project manager for Rightime reached to me which agreed to fix wthat didn’t pass inspections and do what was promised, the condenser being put on the side of our home, duel system, thermostat, the system being to loud, lights flickering, expose wiring, I also told the project manager we were going have concrete poured on the side of our home where condenser would go, Project manger said he would have his area manager come to our home to make a list of what needs to be done, I told project manager your promising all of this can you please send me a email of our conversation and the time the Rightime area manager will come out to our home. I receive email from the project manger but not all of our conversation, I replied back letting him know this not everything we had talked about and CC; everybody he had on first email. The project email me the next day replied I’m Right we are doing everything at our cost we will make things right. The Area manger showed up to our home and made a huge list of items that needed to be fix and done right, he turned on our air and immediately it smelled like dirt socks which means the duct work that was done perilously had moisture in it, so now it has mold builded up.So that also needed to be replaced. Project manager reached out to me the next day over the phone and told me he would do all this work ,
but would I meet me half way on cost. I told him what about our conversation and email agreement. Area manager came back to our home with crew to get started on work and told me that their boss above project manager and him, had a meeting and had hey all agreed to pay for everything so he couldn’t understand why the project wanted to charge me more. They went over list he had made. I reached out to home depot and told them I will not pay a penny more for what I was promised, than Righttime general manger reached to me and came to my home and told my husband and myself that to only deal with him going forward not project manger and he took measurements where concrete would be poured and would paid for it by Home Depot and Rightime, he also told my husband and myself what type of concrete would we like that the condenser would be on. A couple of days later the crew came out to start the crew came out to work again to make sure I have air, they
brought the wrong thermostat and told me they were told this is the only one they have , not the one I was promised. I can call project manger cause the general manager was on vacation. I asked the crew when will anybody be back to do more work they didn’t know, My husband returned home 2 days later and turned the air on and realize they never connected it.... on Monday project called me and told me that they aren’t doing what was promised because I didn’t pay more for it, the condenser isn’t going to move to the side of the home cause we got credit for that. I told project I have nothing to discuss with you to please send me a email. I reached out to Home Depot which the assistant to Craig of Home Depot CEO which his assistant called me and said they are only doing what the project manager said cause we got credited for the condenser. I reached to Casey which suggested from your site and it got in the assistant hands of Craig they are only doing what project manager is saying I also reached out to Rightime ceo the Customer Relations Analysts reached out to me and email that they would to at least get my air running while she looks further in my claim, I went over details that l have emails, Text and verbals agreements, that before everybody made promise. I told her if Rightime would followed threw with city on codes and followed up right away with the inspection that failed and not rush to credit me I wouldn’t be talking to you today, it’s not fair how I’ be treated from poor communication on your end. Apparently the crew that did the work from the failed inspection, were let go. The area manager had mention to us why we were neglected the company went major changes and there was really bad communication.

Aug 29, 2015
What do your u want? Your narrative is really difficult to read. There are a lot of long, run-on sentences, and I can’t determine what you are seeking.

If they said they couldn’t provide what you wanted, why did you sign a contract with them?

Jan 6, 2015
These are my thoughts . . .
  • Since you have contacted the CEO of both companies, your ability to negotiate has ended. Whatever they say is the final word.
  • Since the credit Home Depot gave was for the condenser unit which was not placed on the side of your home, you need to pay for it to be placed there now that you know it can.

Jan 11, 2019
Plus, if you received credit for the condenser that they said couldn't be placed at the side of your house, then you'll have to repay for the condenser and the concrete slab where it will be placed. To be honest, I reread your really long narrative several times and my brain was starting to shut down. People on this forum usually suggest listing your problems with bullet points, dates, etc..

Jan 6, 2015
Plus, if you received credit for the condenser that they said couldn't be placed at the side of your house, then you'll have to repay for the condenser and the concrete slab where it will be placed. To be honest, I reread your really long narrative several times and my brain was starting to shut down. People on this forum usually suggest listing your problems with bullet points, dates, etc..
Correct JMLamb. In this case Glgi has already reached the CEOs, so there is no "point" to bullet points . . .

Jan 11, 2019
Correct JMLamb. In this case Glgi has already reached the CEOs, so there is no "point" to bullet points . . .
Ah, okay. I just thought maybe others may have been as confused as I was, including people he is trying to convince he shouldn't have to pay another penny.

Apr 23, 2019
Sorry, I was anger and rambled on and on.
Basically I paid up front with Home Depot who hired Rightime to install a new unit in our home which included for the condenser to be placed on the side of my home.
Rightime, said the condenser, couldn’t placed on the side of our home, so they credit us, for that portion.

Than city inspector, inspected their work, which failed inspection and the City inspector said the condenser could have been placed on the side of our home and Rightime never followed threw with the permit they got for it.
I called Rightime that their work failed inspection and that you misinformed about the condenser not being able to be placed on the side of our home. Rightime said they would look into it and the correction from city inspection. Rightime never got back to us on everything. The company excuse was they are going threw major changes right now.

I reached out to Home Depot which had Rightime call me, Mark the project manager called me that same day.
Rightime than begin with all the promises with the first call than emails and text and verbal conversation that they will correct everything and make things right which included moving the condenser on the side of my home, with no cost and everything from list below.
Rightime started the work.
Mark one of manager who had made all the promises from the beginning, put a stop to doing everything and said we had got credited for the condenser, so we changed our mind about relocated it, since you did get credit for.
That they have done plenty of work so far, with no charge.
So everything on this list we had all agreed on with Rightime and homedepot and which I had communication with from emails, text and verbal conversation are not doing what they had promised.

The list included:
1. Condenser placed on the side of my home paid by them
2. Concrete paid by them
3. I could pick out what concrete I would like, which I wasn’t expecting
4. Fix cut wire upstair, so lights don’t flicker
5. Unit to loud up stairs and down stairs ( sounds like train)
6. Expose wires where they move to relocate unit (closet) need to be covered
7.rezone vents downstairs ( so get better circulation with the unit)
8 have duel system put in upstairs and downstairs
9. Echo 4 and 3 thermostat, echo 4 downstairs and echo 3 upstairs
10. Fix where they located hole space for the attic upstair ( they had to make a bigger hole space to get unit in)
11. Coils had to be replaced. They had mold in them from the original workers not putting in correctly
12. Relocate condenser , so wall needs to be stucco correctly, First worker did a horrible job.

Work they have done so far:
1. Duel system up stairs and down, (but didn’t relocate vents downstairs they used where original vents are (relocate vents so air flows better in Home with the system we got.)
2. Echo 3 upstairs and down ( not 4 downstairs, 4 has sensors so helps with temperature better flow)
4. System not as loud, (could be quieter )

We basically got the top of line system, I could have bought a car with the money I paid for this!
I want, what I was promised,

I feel I got the bait and switch, not once but twice by Rightime and Home Depot

I have reached out to the executives, which reverts to their assistant.
I’m not giving up!!! Any suggestions???