HOLLAND AMERICA PLATINUM INSURANCE

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 25, 2019
Please tell me your opinion of the insurance offered by Holland America. It seems really good because you can cancel for any reason right up to departure you get 80 to 90% of your money back it's the same price for all ages and there's no pre-existing condition clauses. Please tell me if I'm missing something in the fine print. I look forward to hearing your response.

Jul 13, 2016
Double check to see if you get the money back, or a future cruise credit. For some supplier cancel-for-any-reason policies, if you cover for a standard reason, like illness, or accident to you or a traveling companion, you get the money back, but if you cancel for a standard not covered reason, like your kid's soccer championship game, you get a future cruise credit valid for 1-2 years.

Nov 27, 2017
Something that you might want to remember is that Holland America would not cover any days before the cruise if you start your trip earlier. For example if you start your travel a few days before and got food poisoning and can't make it. Their trip interruption starts the day of the cruise.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You will often get better coverage through a third party unless CFAR is a necessity.

As Globetrotting says- make sure you get cash back if you are canceling for a non covered reason - many only give a future credit.

And call the actual insurance company if you have questions- they are the experts, not us.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is the perfect time to remind everyone ... you need to get your information directly from the source. Don't rely on phone conversations with agents, don't rely on a forum such as this, don't rely on your brother-in-law's experience. You have to do the research, you have to read all the fine print. It's the only way to stay out of trouble.