• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 14, 2018
Nov. 9, 2018 I checked into a Holiday Inn Express, in Columbus, Tx.
I am a handicapped Senior and I need a handicap room on the first floor but the painters just left (at 11:30 PM) so they had to put me on the highest floor farthest away from the front entrance. I am a Senior Citizen on a walker traveling alone. This was very hard for me to get up there and when I did the bed was so high I could not get on it. I had to pull a chair by the bed and use it to manuver myself in the bed only to find these sheets were very rough(not like the normal nice sheets I find at most Holiday Inn Express. I could not sleep all night. The sheets itched all night long. The next morning I left the room forgitting my expensive Apple Phone Charger net to the phone plugged in. I went back to the hotel the next day to get it but it was already stolen by the cleaning people. No one stayed in the room after me then I show up to claim it and it was gone gone gone. I let the Staff know and I got a copy of my bill but guess what! They put my name on the recite wrong they put my first name twice and my middle name as my last name. I called the 800 number to complain but they could not find me. When I went back to the hotel and got a copy is how I found my wrong name.
The worst thing is I had 2 weeks of points for my room in London and guess what! They took them away from me. So I am never able to use those points again. I never was told they were doing this. The woman told me they sent out email but it probably went to SPAM.
I will Never Stay At Holiday Inn Again!

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
It is not clear what you are asking for.

Did you check your check-in information when you arrived or when you checked out? Arrival is the time to correct any errors in your information.

If you leave anything in a room on departure you probably will not get it back.

When you were given a room far from the elevator did you request a change? When you could not access the bed did you request a room change?

It is not clear what "London" has to do with this post. You said you stayed in Columbus TX. You need to check your SPAM folder regularly.

You can contact Holiday Inn to see if they will make any allowances for your experience:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/intercontinental-hotels/

However, if you tell them you "will Never Stay At Holiday Inn Again! " they have no incentive to help you.

Sep 19, 2015
There may have been a laundry detergent that causes skin irritation which is why the sheets were itchy.

As for points, they expire if there is no activity for 12 months — the change was announced in 2015 and took effect in 2016.

It is a shame that the charger was not turned in but it may have been thrown out or taken once left in the room.

It is always best to address problems while staying in the hotel to give them a chance to rectify the issues.

I am not sure what you want: venting is understandable but some things are hard to argue such as the points expiring— this is not something new.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
As far as sheets- I’m not sure what the hotel is supposed to do if you require softer sheets. Each hotel uses their own company to provide linens so that isn’t the hotels fault if your skin is too sensitivity be to perhaps a lower thread count or different detergent. I know a woman who brings her own sheets when she travels because she is sensitive to detergent.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Nov. 9, 2018 I checked into a Holiday Inn Express, in Columbus, Tx.
I am a handicapped Senior and I need a handicap room on the first floor but the painters just left (at 11:30 PM) so they had to put me on the highest floor farthest away from the front entrance. I am a Senior Citizen on a walker traveling alone. This was very hard for me to get up there and when I did the bed was so high I could not get on it. I had to pull a chair by the bed and use it to manuver myself in the bed only to find these sheets were very rough(not like the normal nice sheets I find at most Holiday Inn Express. I could not sleep all night. The sheets itched all night long. The next morning I left the room forgitting my expensive Apple Phone Charger net to the phone plugged in. I went back to the hotel the next day to get it but it was already stolen by the cleaning people. No one stayed in the room after me then I show up to claim it and it was gone gone gone. I let the Staff know and I got a copy of my bill but guess what! They put my name on the recite wrong they put my first name twice and my middle name as my last name. I called the 800 number to complain but they could not find me. When I went back to the hotel and got a copy is how I found my wrong name.
The worst thing is I had 2 weeks of points for my room in London and guess what! They took them away from me. So I am never able to use those points again. I never was told they were doing this. The woman told me they sent out email but it probably went to SPAM.
I will Never Stay At Holiday Inn Again!
If you're a IHG Rewards member, I don't know how the hotel got your name wrong. Did you register your account number on the res? It's all in the computer. Please clarify how your points got taken away and the connection to London. I'd contact IHG and politely ask for some extra points because you were denied an accessible room when you arrived at checkin and spent a very unrestful night The hotel GM should have taken better care of you. It's important to keep things businesslike; if you want to post a draft of your letter here, we'll be glad to have a look at it.