Holiday Inn Express

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 14, 2019
Today above hotel fined me €150 due to tiny ash found in the bin of tolite.Then I recalled last night my friend stay in tolite for a while and heared sound of lighter .I strongly mentioned there is non smoke room please no smokinv..He repy with agreed .Next day the manager show picture as evidence to me and refuse to pay deposite €150 back .I don 't think there cause any cleaning fees or any damage .please advise if hotel doing right and I am not happy with the result ,there also no any receipt given to me to explian more details how assess to the levev for payment.Thanks a lot

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If your friend smoked in the bathroom he owes you 150 euros. One cigarette can set off an allergy from someone highly allergic to smoke. You may not smell it but it absolutely leaves an odor behind.

The hotel is doing the right thing- they all tell you that you will pay a fine if anyone smokes in a non smoking room.

Sep 19, 2015
If you heard the sound of a lighter and ashes are found it sounds like the friend did smoke- and your friend owes you the money.

No smoking means just that and hotels are very strict.

I would reconsider traveling with this friend or at least have the friend give the credit card as payment in the future so the friend can be billed directly for fines for smoking.