Hertz Heathrow

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 21, 2019
Hi All
Just returned a car to Hertz Manchester Airport, which i had picked up at Heathrow Friday evening. (Dark)
The vehicle on pick up had a nasty alloy scrape, on the front off-side. On return at Manchester, the attendant tells me that i have damaged the tyre, i refute this and state that the scrape must have been done at the time of the alloy scrape, by the previous driver. 30 Minutes later i get a bill for 107 quid. I have replied and complained, any other courses open to me? I have excess insurance, but feel i am being ripped off, or my insurer is.

Regards
John

Attachments

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Hi All
Just returned a car to Hertz Manchester Airport, which i had picked up at Heathrow Friday evening. (Dark)
The vehicle on pick up had a nasty alloy scrape, on the front off-side. On return at Manchester, the attendant tells me that i have damaged the tyre, i refute this and state that the scrape must have been done at the time of the alloy scrape, by the previous driver. 30 Minutes later i get a bill for 107 quid. I have replied and complained, any other courses open to me? I have excess insurance, but feel i am being ripped off, or my insurer is.

Regards
John
Was there actual tire damage?

Aug 30, 2015
Was there actual tire damage?
They charge if there's a mark on the "alloy" of the rim. The only recourse in my mind is if the OP has pictures of this car including the rims when he rented the car. I've dealt with Hertz a lot at Heathrow and unfortunately this happens. Sadly, I was the one responsible for the "mark" on it..

Oct 21, 2019
They charge if there's a mark on the "alloy" of the rim. The only recourse in my mind is if the OP has pictures of this car including the rims when he rented the car. I've dealt with Hertz a lot at Heathrow and unfortunately this happens. Sadly, I was the one responsible for the "mark" on it..
The alloys were already marked as scratched, the scrape on the tyre was not obvious.

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
What you have stated thus far:
  • The scrape on the tire was not obvious
  • The lady who checked managed to get her nail under a bit of rubber
  • You took a picture of the tire and scraped rim at check-out time
Zooming in and out on the picture does not reveal (to me) the "get her nail under a bit of rubber" scenario

That said, you can certainly appeal this to Hertz. When you do, I recommend that you not say things like "I feel i am being ripped off, or my insurer is".

IMPORTANT: when you reach out to the corporate level . . .
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not attach files - explain that you can send them separately if necessary
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in our company contacts for Hertz (that is a link)
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

Oct 21, 2019
What you have stated thus far:
  • The scrape on the tire was not obvious
  • The lady who checked managed to get her nail under a bit of rubber
  • You took a picture of the tire and scraped rim at check-out time
Zooming in and out on the picture does not reveal (to me) the "get her nail under a bit of rubber" scenario

That said, you can certainly appeal this to Hertz. When you do, I recommend that you not say things like "I feel i am being ripped off, or my insurer is".

IMPORTANT: when you reach out to the corporate level . . .
Do not use inflammatory language - be polite and professional
Do not attach files - explain that you can send them separately if necessary
Do not start with the CEO - begin at the lowest level in our company contacts for Hertz (that is a link)
Present a brief summary (list) and give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level
Thanks for sensible advise.