Hertz Employee discriminated and treated me badly, resulted with me on the DNR List

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 3, 2019
Seriously???? You only have to be a MEMBER? We are members. I hate their insurance. They rip people off. I have yet to see a good deal on a policy from USAA.
That's been the opposite of my experience. I've insured with them for more than 20 years, and find their auto insurance rates quite satisfactory. I have had the misfortune of needing to make claims a few times, and always found USAA's insurance team quite easy to deal with.

Their banking rates, on the other hand, are absolutely dismal.

Feb 3, 2019
I respectfully informed him that I am a usaa member and I never have a problem renting this class car.
I pulled up on my phone a rental receipt from the week before showing that I rented that class car.
Were you able to show proof of your USAA membership and eligibility to use that CDP code? A previous receipt would only show you had been given the discount on an earlier rental, but not necessarily that you were eligible for it on the day your new rental began.

Sep 19, 2015
Except who carries an insurance card around? Mine stays in the glove compartment of my card. The fact that this supervisor couldn't understand a picture on a phone provides the same proof. Plus, why wouldn't that info already be in his profile. Sounds like the renter got snagged by someone on a power trip. Seems to me Hertz should be doing the apologizing.

No a picture on a phone just showed that the code was used before — it does not show eligibility. I can use the code — and have nothing to do with USAA — In 20 seconds I found the codes for enlistees for the National Guard, State of WI employees, and more — none of which I am eligible to use. If I get away with it once that does not mean I am eligible for it the second time.

These codes are on so many different website now that there is increased verification.

Aug 30, 2015
Except who carries an insurance card around? Mine stays in the glove compartment of my card. The fact that this supervisor couldn't understand a picture on a phone provides the same proof. Plus, why wouldn't that info already be in his profile. Sounds like the renter got snagged by someone on a power trip. Seems to me Hertz should be doing the apologizing.
I carry an insurance card around. So does my wife. My insurance covers rental cars up to a certain maximum value within the US and Canada. My credit card has CDW for other places. I carry the original insurance card and a copy of the policies electronically. I've been a frequent Hertz renter for decades, I have always found them good to work with.

Mar 12, 2019
I discovered administrative expenses are also covered when you log on to the USAA website then redirected to Car Rental.

My receipt two weeks ago from Budget reads “Budget Corp Disc: USAA Booking Tool (D)” which I think with Budget serves to verify my eligibility for USAA discounts/benefits. This is my second time selecting a car to rent through the USAA website and both times no one at the counter asked for anything besides to see my driver’s license.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
We'll never know. They asked him to turn around, he didn't, and an argument ensued.

Jul 8, 2019
This was my first post and I haven't I'm getting the emails that there was replies on the thread. Only seeing all of this now.

This was not a USAA issue, I've been renting with Hertz for a long time.

I had no problem turning around.
Before I turn around, the normal thing to do is to show the manager some examples and proof to my reasoning.

The problem was he would not let me speak, he came over and right after he looked at me immediately started screaming.

I have only had positive experiences in the past with Hertz, that is why it was a complete shock.

As far as landing on the DNR list, I have never done anything that would la d someone there (smash cars, other drivers, and the like) the DNR team representative told me the reason was that a manager from Hertz LGA complained about me.

Thanks all for the helpful feedback.

Sep 19, 2015
I can understand why someone wouldn't want to turn around if they feel there is no valid reason to - if that was the case.
Most times when one uses an online discount code — like AAA — there are notations that one may have to show proof of eligibility.

If I tried to order something and pay senior rates — or rates for those on SSI, or military discount, student discount, -I should be prepared to show that they are eligible. I am not eligible for any of those discount but no one would know until asking for proof.

I can enter any code I find when renting a car — but am I eligible?

Today at Starbucks I was behind an employee verbally giving her ID code for employee discount. I could have taken down the code and tried it tomorrow at a different one. Might work until someone asks for proof.

I imagine there is a lot of abuse so that is why there is a check.

May 1, 2018
I had no problem turning around.
Before I turn around, the normal thing to do is to show the manager some examples and proof to my reasoning.
Sorry mate. If you're asked to turn around, the normal thing is to turn around. Not sit in the same spot and present your argument.

You said you were there for 3 hours and you've only given us your account of about 5-10 minutes of it. I suspect the reason why you landed on the DNR list happened in the 2+ hours missing from your narrative.

Jul 8, 2019
Sorry mate. If you're asked to turn around, the normal thing is to turn around. Not sit in the same spot and present your argument.

You said you were there for 3 hours and you've only given us your account of about 5-10 minutes of it. I suspect the reason why you landed on the DNR list happened in the 2+ hours missing from your narrative.
If you looked at the screenshot, you would see that for over an hour I was on the phone with Hertz corporate.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If you looked at the screenshot, you would see that for over an hour I was on the phone with Hertz corporate.
And what did they do for you? You haven’t told us what happened after you went back and spent 3 hours in the office.

What did the Manager ask you when you went back?
If you need our assistance, we need the full story- it seems there is much more if you were there for 3 hours.

Aug 29, 2018
That's been the opposite of my experience. I've insured with them for more than 20 years, and find their auto insurance rates quite satisfactory. I have had the misfortune of needing to make claims a few times, and always found USAA's insurance team quite easy to deal with.
It varies from team to team. I've had to make auto claims in California and New Jersey. Went very well in CA. In NJ, it was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.