Hertz Damage Claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 17, 2018
Hi, I have the same problem with a car I have returned to Wellington in New Zealand. The office was closed therefore I had to leave the keys in the box I have now been charged for damages to the vehicle claiming I hit the vehicle during the hire which is simply not the case. I never hit or damaged the vehicle, the vehicle was in perfect condition when I returned the vehicle. I have photos and sent an email to various Hertz email addresses but not receiving any assistance they are unwilling to look into the claim. I have received one email saying that the vehicle was damaged during the hire which was simply not the case, they have not responded any further. Still to this point they have not been able to provide evidence and any description of the claimed damages. Therefore how can they charge me for damages that have not occurred? How can I get this matter to be investigated and for these charges to be refunded?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Hi, I have the same problem with a car I have returned to Wellington in New Zealand. The office was closed therefore I had to leave the keys in the box I have now been charged for damages to the vehicle claiming I hit the vehicle during the hire which is simply not the case. I never hit or damaged the vehicle, the vehicle was in perfect condition when I returned the vehicle. I have photos and sent an email to various Hertz email addresses but not receiving any assistance they are unwilling to look into the claim. I have received one email saying that the vehicle was damaged during the hire which was simply not the case, they have not responded any further. Still to this point they have not been able to provide evidence and any description of the claimed damages. Therefore how can they charge me for damages that have not occurred? How can I get this matter to be investigated and for these charges to be refunded?
Follow the instructions in post #5. Almost every claim is dropped when that thread is followe.