Help with Ocean Cruise lines or river cruise lines

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I believe that Tauck is a tour provider, not a travel agent. I've heard good things about their trips.
You are correct, but they do handle air and hotel associated with the cruises. Looking at their website and others will allow the poster to see what types of cruises are available, and timing and costs prior to talking to a travel agent.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I believe that Tauck is a tour provider, not a travel agent. I've heard good things about their trips.
That is correct. Tauck is a tour operator, not a travel agency but they can certainly book the entire trip for you. Booking through a supplier just doesn’t give you an advocate if something goes wrong but Tauck is a fine tour operator.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
That is correct. Tauck is a tour operator, not a travel agency but they can certainly book the entire trip for you. Booking through a supplier just doesn’t give you an advocate if something goes wrong but Tauck is a fine tour operator.
One aspect of a tour/cruise that I'd like your expert opinion on, Neil. Booking your own air or allowing the travel provider do it. I have heard such terrible stories from fellow passengers about travel with 3 or 4 connections, impossible layovers, not being able to get seat assignments, that kind of thing. On a river cruise, that seems to be the main topic of conversation the first two nights at dinner. What's been your experience with your clients?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We leave it up to the client. I’ve never seen problems with flights booked by the cruise lines, river or ocean. You can ask the cruise line what the flights are they are quoting you pricing on to make a decision on whether to book or not. Some cruise lines have flex air which allows you to choose the air.

I’ve never had a surprise from a cruise one because we ask what flights they are booking before hand.