HELP-PLEASE, AIRFRANCE LOST OUR LUGGAGE IN PARIS

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
We are desperate to get our bag back from Airfrance/Delta. A one hour flight from Lyon, France to Paris bag is gone, no one from Airfrance will help us. We had 3 hours in Paris before our flight on Delta to Detroit Michigan, no Airfrance employee would look for the bag as we waited for our next flight. I have emailed Delta, Airfrance, called Paris airport 3 times( long distance from US). Customer service line "high volume of calls please call later-click", they have no customer service.We have begged,pleaded. got mad nothing works and very discouraging when Airfrance in Paris tell us we have 5000 pieces of luggage lost in storage and only TWO people to look for it. All my husbands clothes, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICINE, SHOES, AND THE MOST HEART BREAKING ARE THE GIFTS WE BOUGHT IN LONDON AND FRANCE, WHICH WE WILL NEVER SEE AGAIN. We have been waiting 13 days and now have to go out and buy clothes and toiletries , we are so afraid we will not be refunded for this. I beg anyone from Airfrance or Delta to help us-FLIGHT LYON TO PARIS { FLIGHT #7651 AIRFRANCE REFERENCE# CDGAF79802 OR DELTA CASE #0281886. ANYONE WHO COULD HELP US WE WOULD SO APPRECIATE IT, MY EMAIL IS [email protected] The Airfrance and Delta airlines are not doing there job and we used all Delta.com to book our whole trip. My husband wants to tear up our Delta-skymiles credit card with American Express. Also beware American Express pays you nothing even though everything in the suit case was purchased with out Delta/American Express card. HELP PLEASE

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
If you have arrived home in Detroit, why do you have to buy clothes and toiletries? Don't you have them at home? Why can't your husband get his BP medication refilled? If you have receipts for the gifts that were packed in your luggage, you can submit a claim for those, as well as the standard lost-luggage amount. Air France will wait for 21 days before they consider the bag "lost." Here is their lost luggage claim form.

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/pratique/bagage_retarde_airfrance.htm

If you have arrived home in Detroit, why do you have to buy clothes and toiletries? Don't you have them at home? Why can't your husband get his BP medication refilled? If you have receipts for the gifts that were packed in your luggage, you can submit a claim for those, as well as the standard lost-luggage amount. Air France will wait for 21 days before they consider the bag "lost." Here is their lost luggage claim form.

https://www.airfrance.us/US/en/common/guidevoyageur/pratique/bagage_retarde_airfrance.htm
To clarify my the contents of the bag exceed 2800.00. The clothing are men's designer, toiletries very expensive creams etc, I do not have two or three identical toiletries at home. This was a 17 day trip to London and France not a camping trip that I need to go buy a new tooth brush.

Did you complete the lost luggage report at the airport before you went on your next flight?

NEVER pack medications in a checked bag. Nor should you pack valuables in them either- those need to be carried on.
Completed lost luggage report in Paris within minutes, the employee's standing around and terminal deserted said we can't help you.
The valuables in our luggage was mostly had picked gifts for family, they are priceless to us. We travel to Europe every year this is the first time
this has happened.

My husband had to make a Doctor appointment, miss work and our insurance company will not pay for the medication because it has not been 30 days.

Was this all one ticket? Did you file a report? Have you checked the worldtracer?
I have filed a claim with Air France, called Air France 12 times, emailed Air France at least 20 times. I have filled out every report imaginable, without human support and they have that at their finger tips I guess they do not care about customers and they really do not have any sort of customer service.

Apr 10, 2017
I can certainly sympathize because I have also experienced lost luggage with Air France. They lost both my husband's suitcase and mine on the way to Paris. One bag showed up in France 3 days later and we didn't get the second one until 2 weeks after that. Your bag could still turn up so don't lose faith just yet.

Feb 3, 2017
Also, check your Amercian Express card benefits to see if there is travel insurance IF you purchased the plane tickets with that Amex card.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I can certainly sympathize because I have also experienced lost luggage with Air France. They lost both my husband's suitcase and mine on the way to Paris. One bag showed up in France 3 days later and we didn't get the second one until 2 weeks after that. Your bag could still turn up so don't lose faith just yet.
Thanks for your sympathy and understanding, we just want our bag back. When Air France employee's don't care or unwilling to help you it is so disappointing. I tried to be nice and do everything in my power to assist, now I am just mad and upset.

Did you have identifying information on or in the bag- luggage tags with your name and phone number or a copy of your itinerary to get home?

We have company contacts for AirFrance:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/air-france/

This is how to write:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

A bag isn’t considered lost for 21 days so you need to give them time to find it.
I hope they are looking for it at all, they do not seem to be concerned with the lack of customer service. I have only spoke to an Air France employee twice in Paris (calling long distance) when I called them. I was told that Air France and Delta have 5000 pieces of lost luggage in the Paris airport and only have 2 yes 2 employee's that work at trying to find it. Doesn't sound promising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Apr 10, 2017
Have you talked to Air France since you've returned? They have an office in Atlanta with a 1-800 number. I started calling them as soon as I returned to the U.S. and they were more helpful.

Also, check your Amercian Express card benefits to see if there is travel insurance IF you purchased the plane tickets with that Amex card.
I American express yesterday and spoke to a man that was nice, but his English and over all knowledge of compensation for lost luggage and contents was so limited I had to hang up after 35 minutes. My nerves are shot and I feel helpless to correct this problem. The plane tickets and all the contents in the luggage was purchased with our DELTA/SKYMILES / AMERICAN EXPRESS. I WILL TRY AGAIN NOW. ALSO HAD STURDY LEATHER LUGGAGE TAGS WITH OUR NAME AND ADDRESS.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I hope they are looking for it at all, they do not seem to be concerned with the lack of customer service. I have only spoke to an Air France employee twice in Paris (calling long distance) when I called them. I was told that Air France and Delta have 5000 pieces of lost luggage in the Paris airport and only have 2 yes 2 employee's that work at trying to find it. Doesn't sound promising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Don’t give up. If you had identifying information on the bag it still might find its way to you but that’s why they have 3 weeks before you can officially file a claim.

I would imagine that bags with easily identifiable luggage tags would be the fastest found and returned.

Did you have identifying information on or in the bag- luggage tags with your name and phone number or a copy of your itinerary to get home?

We have company contacts for AirFrance:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/air-france/

This is how to write:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

A bag isn’t considered lost for 21 days so you need to give them time to find it.
Thank you so much, I will try the contact information.

Apr 10, 2017
From the Air France website under "Baggage service contact information":

United States
- Tel: +1 800 873 2247
- Languages available: English, French, Spanish
- Opening hours (local time): 7 days a week; 7:00 AM - 3:00 AM