Help! could not get "Spirit" hotel refunds after 1 months of over 50 emails

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 17, 2019
Can anyone help?
My first fight with spirit experience started good by winning lucky seat 5000 miles
On the way back from Cancun we stop by at Dallas and had to go through customs for the luggage many many of us left the plane
We were told that they will wait for us and it took us so long to go through the custom (did not even have a bathroom break) and recheck the bag
When I got there I was able to see the airplane outside but closed the gate so despite there were over 30 plus people waiting maybe more came after they won't open the gate. There were no more flight after and so many flight were delayed
Manager named "Nahir" when I was at Dallas gave me a pink paper to book the hotel cheap (since there were just so many of us he told us to book the hotel and Spirit will refund the money) I booked the hotel and got there around mid night I paid for 2 night since there were no direct flight until a day after 6am flight back to Chicago
(With 2 children alone since Kid's father could not make it to the trip, it was very very painful experience) I finally got back to Chicago without any delay but worry about the refund so spoke to manager onsite Jewanna (she wrote her name for me on the ticket you see the attachment below) She told me to contact spirit and I was able to get the refund. I reached out and email back and forth since 6/17/19 many many emails and Last person I connected to Carol she didn't reply back to my emails
I am completely disconnected. I never "worked" this hard to get my refund back
Can anyone help? You can easily say oh forget the refund over all these hassle yet it is so not fair that I had to go through all these and have to pay for everything

Edited by a moderator to remove 1st attachment as it contains personal information

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Here's what I read in your post: "She told me to contact spirit and I was able to get the refund. I reached out and email back and forth since 6/17/19 many many emails and Last person I connected to Carol she didn't reply back to my emails "

It would be helpful if you found someone to help you with a concise list of what happened. Your narrative is difficult to understand and as you've noted, people don't reply back because they can't figure out what your problem is. Grammar and punctuation are very important. As you see by the above quote, you are stating that "you were able to get the refund." I don't think that's what you mean.

Feb 3, 2019
Do you have anything in writing from Spirit to confirm they would reimburse you for your hotel room? The pink piece of paper explicitly states "You will be responsible for all hotel charges," so the problem may be that you misunderstood the employees or they were promising reimbursement without the authority to do so.

Jul 17, 2019
Do you have anything in writing from Spirit to confirm they would reimburse you for your hotel room? The pink piece of paper explicitly states "You will be responsible for all hotel charges," so the problem may be that you misunderstood the employees or they were promising reimbursement without the authority to do so.
Thanks ... it's my first time doing this I thought it was fine since many of us got the same... and we were all told the same and book it by oursleves

Jul 17, 2019
How long was the connection? If you don’t book a connecting flight with adequate time in between the connections, this can happen.

We have company contacts in top of our pages. Go to airlines and write to the company the way this post advises you to.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/
Thank you Yes, flight was delayed and connecting flight was delayed as well...
Next time I know i will never take connecting flight ... and not sure about spirit so difficult to get the refund